Tuesday, February 10, 2009

HIIT me!

Calories eaten yesterday: 1210
Fat: 18g (14%)
Carbs: 108g (37%)
Protein: 146g (49%)
Weight this morning: 131.2 (One week ago: 135)
Calories burned in exercise today: 175

Slept in today and had a nice hot breakfast at home. I had scrambled eggs made with three egg whites and one whole egg, plus three strips of turkey bacon. Yummy and healthy.

I walked down to BART, but turned and crossed the bridge and made it partway through Alameda before having to take the bus to get to work on time.

I am so sore today from doing lower body work yesterday. Tomorrow I hope to hit the gym again and do upper body and do more treadmill intervals.

From the Googling I did it appears that my running intervals need to be faster than they have been, so I will try that. HIIT is supposed to be best for fat burning. From further research it looks like my target heart rate for a HIIT session is 167bpm.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Giulianna said...

Congrats on your success. I am in the process of overcoming my issue with eating refined foods that make me feel horrible. So I appreciate the encouragement on your blog by hearing about your challenges and overcoming them step by step.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for a few years? I don't know how long really but you should really cut urself some slack, pat urself on the back for not being the blimpo you once were and another thing...get it on with Brad, you two hit it off and life is too short to waste..I would love to see you on JustinTv..do a lifecast, I would be one of your biggest fans. Please don't cut down the grammar and sentence structure..just saying what I feel.