Monday, September 21, 2009

But it was just one bite...

Calories eaten yesterday: 943
Fat: 17g (16%)
Carbs: 86g (39%)
Protein: 102g (45%)
Weight this morning: 133
Calories burned in exercise today: 348

Overslept because I forgot to turn on my alarm so I was a half hour late getting to the gym. I did the full one hour of weight training, but shortened my cardio to 30 minutes. I walked into work from the train station (30 minutes) and barely clocked in on time.

Tomorrow is my bi-monthly mail run into San Francisco. I should get about an hour of walking in.

I want to talk a little about calories and how quickly they can add up when trying to lose weight. Why not to have "just one bite."

Calorie counts of "just one bite" of various popular foods:

One small cheese cracker (i.e. Cheese-It): 5
One almond: 7.4
One saltine cracker: 13
One Triscuit cracker: 20
One mini bite size candy bar: 37
1/4 of a cupcake: 45
One Oreo cookie: 50
One tablespoon jam: 55
One mini Reese’s peanut butter cup: 55

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Arthur_of_Old said...

Hang in there V. It is a hard time now with the medicines in a flux. My prayers are up for you and all in like position. Proverbs 3: 5 & 6.