Thursday, March 29, 2007

Atkins anniversary!

Calories eaten yesterday: 1256
Fat: 29g (21%)
Carbs: 96g (32%)
Protein: 102g (34%)

Weight this morning: 142
Calories burned in exercise today: 266

142. Coolness. A new low for me since starting NutriSystem, and my original goal weight. Hopefully I'll show some kind of loss for my official weigh-in on Sunday.

Today is my three year Atkins anniversary! It's kind of funny that I'm not on Atkins right now, lol! But I mention it because 1) I do plan to go back, and 2) it was a watershed moment in my life as far as eating healthier - no more junk food, detoxing from sugar and other carbs. I know I will never go back to how I used to eat. Eating healthy is now second nature.

Today was paycheck #3 this month, something that happens only a couple times a year. This is one of those rare paychecks that I don't have to pay rent out of. :) I jumped online and got caught up on all my bills, except for NutriSystem, which I did pay another $100 towards. I now owe about $120 on the first month's food and my second month ($250) will be charged to that account soon. I also bought the Flowbar, a piece of fitness equipment I have had my eye on for awhile.

I called NutriSystem today since my order ships tomorrow to make sure I'd get my bear (I may not have officially lost 10 pounds yet, but unofficially I have). The customer service rep said I should. I also checked to make sure that I'd get another free week and again she said I should. So hopefully everything will work out fine and by the time I show less than a 10 pound loss on Sunday the box will already be on its way. :) Heck, if I'm lucky I'll show a 10 pounds loss Sunday!

I got a compliment from a co-worker today. It was Al. He always says, "Hi, Slim" when he sees me, but today he asked how much I weighed and I said 142. He said I looked like I weighed in the 120s! I don't even wish for that. With my build the 120s would not be healthy. Every chart and method I have looked at says I need to be in the 130s. But anyway, it was nice to be called "slim" and that I look like I weigh less than I do. :)

More NutriSystem food reviews:
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie dessert - Soft and yummy. I love oatmeal cookies. I don't usually like raisins - unless they are in cookies. I ordered a few more on my next order.

I was thinking of putting a lot of cookies on my next order, but logic finally won out and I ordered fewer cookies and more of the chocolate cake and chocolate pudding - items lower in sugar and higher in protein.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Amy Dungan said...

Congrats on the loss! And happy Atkinsversary!

Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Oatmeal raisin cookies are my absolute favorite cookie!