Monday, March 12, 2007

Week 2, Day 2

Calories eaten yesterday: 1502
Fat: 36g (22%)
Carbs: 122g (33%)
Protein: 130g (35%)

Weight this morning: 149.8
Calories burned in exercise today: 97

Bought Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution: The Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars by Richard K. Bernstein while in San Francisco today. I have been waiting two months for the new edition to come out and it's finally here! :) It is a 500 page tome chock full of information.

It's getting hot here so I pulled out a bunch of summer shirts last night, and today I got to wear the shrug Brad gave me for the first time! :) It looks nice and I like it.

My last appointment with Helen is tomorrow. She wanted to see me one last time and I need to return some books I borrowed so it's okay. She said she wouldn't charge me for this last session anyway. This will free up one day a month and save me $25 to boot.

I have an appointment for two of my fillings this coming Friday. I doubt I have enough insurance to cover all four that I need, but I want to at least get this out of the way. Needless to say, Brad and I won't be walking that day. But he wants to take me out to Lafayette Reservoir to walk on Saturday after church. It's in a rich area so things are really nice there. Then we will go out to dinner at Applebees.

More NutriSystem food reviews:
NutriCinnamon Squares cereal - Tasty and sweet, but too high in sugar (the second ingredient) and too high in overall carbs. I only ordered it to try it and won't reorder it. I put a 1/2 cup of Soy Slender soymilk on it since it's lower in sugar than the fat free milk they recommend.

Chili with Beans - Thumbs up. Tastes good and not too high in carbs. This was part of my free week, but it's a keeper. 230 calories, 18g net carbs, and 19g protein.

NutriFlakes Cereal - Way too sweet. Sugar is both the third and fourth ingredient and it has almost no protein. It became soggy very quickly. This was another food from my free week and I will NOT be ordering it.

Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables - Bland, and too high in carbs for my liking. I ordered one to try it and have taken it off next month's order.

I've decided that testing my blood sugar while taking starch blocking pills doesn't tell me what the food really does, so I'll starting doing some testing with the various foods once I run out of pills.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Daron said...

I thought that you might find this clip entertaining...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Jpeloc6_U