Sunday, March 04, 2007

NutriSystem, and Dentist Day take 9

Calories eaten Thursday: 1652
Fat: 53g (30%)
Carbs: 79g (20%) (Damn, that seems high!)
Protein: 132g (33%)

Weight Friday morning: 146.6
Calories burned in exercise Friday: 0

I think my weight was down because I was dehydrated. I was so busy yesterday I did a terrible job of drinking my water. I drank a 20 oz. bottle of water before bed, but I don't think that undid all the wine I drank. So my weight is lower than normal, but it's just dehydration.

The Great Oatmeal Experiment, Part 1, March 2, 2007
What I ate: 1/2 dry Quaker oatmeal (5 minute type) with 1 cup Soy Slender chocolate soy milk
Food stat totals: 220 calories, 6g fat, 24g net carbs, 12g protein

First bite: 11:20 a.m.
Blood sugar before - 82
12:05 p.m. - 140 (Yike!)
12:20 - 117
12:40 - 78
12:55 - 92

This does not bode well. Even whole grains spike my blood sugar.

My shipment arrived today and I was thrilled until I opened the box. I specifically chose my foods to pick the lowest carb, highest protein options, and even selected the diabetic plan. But my free week - I think they TRIED to find every high carb food and send it to me! Are they trying to kill me???

I called about it but was told *I* had to pay for return shipping. So let me get this straight...I either have to let them slowly kill me with high carb foods, or I have to pay to send their IGNORANCE back to them. Wonderful choice.

It's even worse because the guy I originally ordered from TOLD me that he would give me my free week from the foods I'd already picked. Instead I received a diabetic carbohydrate nightmare!

I had to compare my original order with what they sent (that took a while) to weed out the foods that will kill me and the foods I can tolerate.

If this is how NutriSystem usually works then I will not be staying past the 2 months I'm committed to.

I am EXTREMELY unhappy with this so-called wonderful program right now. I'll start the program Sunday...well, at least what I can eat. But this is costing WAY more than I thought since I now have to sent a week of food back to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NutriSystem sucks!

Ok, now that you all know how bad NutriSystem is, Friday was busy in other ways. I had another visit to the dentist. This one was for my tooth whitening. They advertise 1 hour Zoom whitening. What they don't tell you is the hour and a half of set up and clean up. They did a bunch of stuff to my teeth before, and after they had to take my teeth impressions to get me a bleach tray. I was in the office for over THREE hours.

The good news is that my teeth are a few shades lighter. They took a before and after photos and there is a definite difference.

After my dentist appointment Brad picked me up and we went to the health food store to buy Soy Slender. I also got some Walden Farms 0 calorie dressing. I was told not to drink anything dark like coffee, tea, or red wine for two days, so I also got some Hansen's soda since most don't have carmel coloring. Then we went to Office Max. Did I mention the battery in my pedometer died? I didn't? Well, the battery died so we went to Office Max to buy a new battery. They a two pack of batteries so I got that.

Then off to Safeway for cat litter and beer - heavy items that are hard to drag on the bus. There's a Starbucks in the store so I bought a small nonfat sugar-free latte for Saturday. I can't have coffee, but I figure the latte is light enough to be okay.

Then home to open and sort the NutriSystem box and find out what a nightmare diet they think is healthy for diabetics. Then Brad had to leave very early to go see another friend, a kid who can't be skipped out on for any reason (you know how kids are).

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

My friend that did Nutrasystem said she kept getting pea soup from them. She never ate it, asked that they not send it, but every shipment had at least a servings of it.

Good luck....have you tasted anything yet?