Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Week 3, Day 4

Calories eaten yesterday: 1331
Fat: 30g (20%)
Carbs: 88g (27%)
Protein: 136g (41%)

Weight this morning: 144.4
Calories burned in exercise today: 268

Yesterday was the first day of Spring (5:07 pm PDT). That means the days are finally longer than the nights! Yippee! Where did winter go? :)

I have taken my food journal down temporarily. I'm still using it, but the link there won't currently work. I got some criticism from - no surprise - NS folks, so I've temporarily made it private. I'm still posting the macronutrient breakdown each day, though.

I took one of those "Rocket Shot" energy drinks right before my workout today. It seemed to really help me find my groove a whole lot faster. I find my muscles are always a bit weak for my first exercise until I warm up and get a good pump going. Now if these things weren't so expensive I could have one before every workout...

As the linked review states, it doesn't taste very good, but it's only 1.8 ounces, so I had it downed in just two mouthfuls. I think the 7g of sugar was a big part of the instant energy - just enough to get me going, but not enough to seriously mess with my blood sugar.

Did one hour of weights and the time just flew by. Then I did 30 minutes on the elliptical.

More NutriSystem food reviews:
Chicken Breast Patty dinner - Bland when plain. I added a slice of fat free cheese and a tablespoon of salsa and that helped.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: