Sunday, March 18, 2007

Dentist Day take 11, and my weekend

First, my weigh-in numbers.
Start: 154
Week 1: 150 (-4) - Week 2: 148.6 (-1.4)
Total loss: 5.4 lbs.

Calories eaten Thursday: 1503
Fat: 34g (21%)
Carbs: 92g (25%)
Protein: 131g (36%)

Calories eaten Friday: 1321
Fat: 30g (21%)
Carbs: 75g (23%)
Protein: 115g (36%)
Weight Friday morning: 142.6
Calories burned in exercise Friday: 0

Weight Saturday morning: 144.4
Calories burned in exercise Saturday: about 483 (2 hours of hiking)

Weight this morning: 148.6
Calories burned in exercise today: 203

I didn't blog about my tenth visit to the dentist, but Friday was the 11th. The 10th visit was just a basic cleaning which went much smoother than the last one.

Friday they filled four cavities, cavities I've had for at least the past 10 years. They kept me in the waiting room for an hour. When they finally called me back they kept me waiting another good 30 minutes. And when they finally started on me they were so fast that I think they had everything numbed, drilled, and filled in 30 minutes flat. The only painful part was the four quick lidocaine shots the doctor gave me. Once those took effect he gave me two more long shots but I was pretty numb by then.

Brad picked me up and took me home. He wasn't hungry; I ate my NutriSystem meal.

Church on Saturday was strange. We had a prayer service, interspersed with hymns. It was kind of a nice change. After the service and before Sabbath School Brent played a little 10 minute Veggie Tales video about St. Patrick, since it was St. Patrick's Day.

When I got home from church Brad picked me up and we went out to the Lafayette Reservoir to do what I thought was some walking. It was more like hiking, especially when we left the paved path and took off into the mountains around the reservoir. The hills were so steep that we had to sometimes go downhill sideways so as not to slip. When we came to a cutoff leading down to the paved trail I opted to go that ways rather than keep climbing the mountains.

My pedometer racked up 6 miles, though it was less because of the steep hills and short steps. I told him next time we are sticking the the paved path, even if that means going around twice to get enough miles. There is enough up and down there; we don't need the mountains.

Then we went to Applebees for dinner. I had a glass of Riesling (dry white wine - very good!), black coffee (I was tired), and for my main course an Angus burger with cheese and diced tomato on a pita. I figured that would have less carbs than a regular bun, but still give me a break from the steak, which is what I always order. It came with fries, but I asked the waiter for broccoli instead. Including the tip, my dinner came to $25.

Then Brad and I went over to Safeway. He's been promising to get me a "6 pack" wine carrier ever since I cleared out my house of all the fatty foods to prepare for NutriSystem. We selected four bottles of Riesling and two bottles of Merlot. I won't be needing to buy wine for a looooong time.

Then we went back to my house for dessert - low-sugar ice cream. He left early because he had church today and I was dead tired so after a little more snacking I hit the sack.

Here's the pictures I took yesterday. You can click to enlarge them, but I had the settings wrong and all but one came out a bit blurry so you might not want to see the larger photo. I need a new camera! Argh!

a snake slithers across the pavement
a snake on my Lafayette Reservoir hike

part of the trail after we left the pavement
Lafayette Reservoir hike

Mt. Diablo as seen from the trail
Mt. Diablo as seen from my Lafayette Reservoir hike

The Reservoir. Click on this - there is a note showing the tiny white speck where we started. The parking lot where we left the car is behind the tiny speck.
Lafayette Reservoir

a sign listing the backcountry regulations
a sign on my Lafayette Reservoir hike

The only non-blurry photo - click on it for a larger size
Lafayette Reservoir hike

More NutriSystem food reviews:
Florentine Sauce with Chicken Fettuccine - I liked this very much and it has as much carbs as protein (23g each). I will have to order more of these.

Scrambled Eggs with Cheddar Cheese - About as good as powdered, reconstituted eggs can be. But they are healthier than the non-egg breakfasts so I'll keep eating them.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: