Thursday, September 13, 2007

Staff dinner at El Torito

Calories eaten yesterday: 1302
Fat: 34g (25%)
Carbs: 101g (33%)
Protein: 127g (42%)
Weight this morning: 134.4 (One week ago: 133)
Calories burned in exercise today: 260

Abby ran away again. I left the door ajar while I took out the trash and she got away. This is the third time since I moved into the apartment so I'm not really worried. She'll come back in three or four days when she gets hungry enough.

I have more info. on my sister's baby. Her name is Marina Celina. She was born at 10:00 pm, weighed in at 6 lbs. 9 oz., and was 19.25 inches long. She's a little small, but she was three weeks early. Pictures will be posted on my Flickr account as soon as I can clean them up and post them up. So far, I have six photos posted, but the remaining ones need some cleaning up. I'll get them up in a day or so.

My department at work had a staff dinner at El Torito Mexican restaurant. I had the beef, chicken, and shrimp fajitas with no rice, beans, guacamole, or sweet corn dessert thingy - just meat and grilled veggies. No tortillas. I think they used a lot of oil though, so it had a lot of calories. Unsweetened iced tea and Diet Pepsi to drink. I had a few tortilla chips and several bites of the appetiser platter, but mostly just dipped on NutriSystem chips in the salsa and ate those. I tried to be good. Pictures forthcoming, including a photo of my dinner. I am going to weigh a ton on the scale tomorrow. My metabolism is very slow and my body stores every calorie I eat as fat.

I made it to the gym today. I am a certified gym rat. The front desk staff know my name without looking at my membership card!

I got a compliment at the gym today! I was resting between sets on a machine and a guy walked past me and paused. He said something like, "You need to stop (working out). You are looking too good." I live for compliments like that! (c:

Today was a semi-cheat because of the staff dinner, so I bought a a box of Oreo 100 Calorie Packs and had one after my workout - the theory being that you need fast digesting carbs after your workout to replenish muscle glycogen and help the protein get into your muscles. So I had my regular protein shake plus the 100 Calorie Pack. Eventually I hope to have a 100 Calorie Pack after all my gym workouts, but I would like to reach goal first. I gave the box to Brad to hold onto for me so I won't be tempted. I really love these packs - they taste great! They taste so good and are perfect for after the gym - bleached flour and sugar. You don't get more high-GI than that.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: