Monday, September 03, 2007

Week 26, Day 2 (Labor Day)

Calories eaten yesterday: 1063
Fat: 25g (22%)
Carbs: 80g (31%)
Protein: 119g (46%)
Weight this morning: 137.2 (One week ago: 140)
Calories burned in exercise today: 233

So here I am laboring on Labor Day. Bleh. Oh well, I get comp time for it.

After burning myself out last week I am just doing light cardio this week and nothing more. I may go back to the weights Wednesday. Haven't decided yet. I want to, but I do have a tendency to push myself too hard.

Today I went to the gym and walked about 4.4 miles on the treadmill (1 hour 15 minutes). FitDay says I burned 233 calories. I forgot my protein shake, but had three bags of NS Nacho Crisps in my backpack (12g protein per serving), so I ate one of those. It only has 10 more calories than my shake.

A strange thing happened while walking to work yesterday. I sometimes have people stop and ask my if I am going to the airport (I guess with my Pullman backpack it kind of looks that way). Anyway, someone pulled over and offered me a ride this Sunday. I turned off my iPod and peered into the car to turn him down. After all, I'm walking to work, not the airport (which is much further), for the exercise. If I didn't want to walk I could take the bus. Anyway, it was a really hot day and the guy seemed genuinely concerned about me walking in the sun. The funny part about it is - and this is a "could only happen in the Bay Area" sort of thing - the guy was a midget! Yep, as short as the day is long. I thought it was funny because while people have stopped before, I've never been offered a ride by a midget!

I have all the NS bears I hope to earn uploaded. Eventually I hope to show off all of them here! The red is for losing 10 pounds, the purple for losing 20, and the gold bear is for hitting goal.



Since my official goal is just 17 pounds (137 pounds), I'll actually earn the goal bear before my 20 pound bear (134 pounds). I don't need to hit 134 on my official weigh-in day, just see it on the scale three days a week for at least two weeks in a row (to make sure the first week wasn't a fluke).

You'll recall that I fudged my weight before my last order to ensure I would have my 20 pound and goal bears before I had to cancel. They are still sitting in my closet waiting for me to make those goals. The 10 pound bear is still sitting on my bed, all alone.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Arthur_of_Old said...

Guess the guy offering the ride realized what a long walk you had and wanted to "shorten" the trip for you! hahahahahahhaa =-)
I'm sure you had a, short conversation and then he left. Well that's the short of it. Toodles! ;-)

Bet you're glad he wasn't a cashier at the store where you are paying cash for a cheap item! I know you don't like to be short changed. =-D

OK I'll stop the Thadisms.