Monday, August 27, 2007

Week 25, Day 2

Calories eaten yesterday: 1189
Fat: 27g (22%)
Carbs: 80g (29%)
Protein: 136g (49%)
Weight this morning: 140 (One week ago: 142)
Calories burned in exercise today: 88

I did some research yesterday and it seems that soy may cause bloating. I wonder if that it my problem. I really like the Nutlettes soy cereal. One article I found gave three dietary changes to make, two of which I am already doing - eat more fiber, cut back on refined carbohydrates, and take a probiotic to increase good bacteria. Part of the Candistroy program I started yesterday includes a probiotic component, so we will see how that works out. I also need to find a way to cut back on soy for a while.

I wonder if my goal of 137 isn't too low. I've hit it once and come darn near another time and always bounce back within a very short time and gain a lot. My body just doesn't want to be there, even though I feel and look great at that weight. I need to lose weight because my body fat of 27% is far too high.

My medication refill came today. I take a generic form of Celexa. I've been on it since December of 2004 and it's still working great for me. :) I get it from Canada much cheaper than the U.S. One bottle lasts 3 months and costs about $80. My employer reimburses me 80% of the costs after I turn in the receipt.

I'm starting to get the hang of the treadmill workout in the latest issue of Muscle & Fitness Hers. I gave it another shot yesterday and had an easier time doing the left and right side step, but I still had to go slower than the plan calls for and hang onto the rails for dear life. And it's hard to kick my legs back to target my glutes when I'm walking 3.5 mph. My legs are too short.

No exercise today. I went into the City to check my mail and just walked the last 1.5 miles to work. Tomorrow I will hit the gym again.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: