Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Week 24, Day 4

Calories eaten yesterday: 1280
Fat: 26g (19%)
Carbs: 95g (32%)
Protein: 140g (47%)
Weight this morning: 137.8 (One week ago: 138.4)
Calories burned in exercise today: 93

I still feel fat and bloated today. Need to keep working hard, keep calories low, and get this weight off! Come on, Whoosh Fairy! I need you!

I'm back into my size 8s today, but they are super tight and my belly hangs over. *sigh*

I picked up the new issues of Muscle & Fitness Hers today. It had an interesting article on nutrition, saying that for "strength athletes" (anyone engaged in a serious weight training program) the 0.8g of protein per pound of bodyweight may not be enough. The magazine recommend 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight.

I have not been eating enough protein. Even at 0.8g per pound I should be at 112g a day. I usually hit that, but not always, and I often don't get up to 1g per pound. I think I need to be eating more meat and soy (and fewer carbs to keep the calories the same). For example, if I cut out the bread on my burger (whether an NS burger or soy patty), I can have TWO burgers for nearly the same calories. :)

My minimum protein goal before this was 100g a day. My new minimum is 112g.

The inside of my thighs hurt today. It's that dang adductor machine at the gym. Oh well, a little pain means it's doing me some good! :)

I am tired. Bone deep tired. I just feel lazy. I didn't want to do anything that involved more than flat walking, but I walked to work anyway, even though there's a couple overpasses I have to get over. Thank God tomorrow is my Friday. I think the lower calories i am eating this week might be a factor.

I have another opportunity for some overtime. Brad is being kidnapped for some off site work so I was asked to do 12 hours that day. I forget the exact day, but it will be a Thursday (so I'll miss a workout) sometime next month. Maybe I can go to the gym Monday (usually an "off" day) to make up the missing day. That would mean going three days in a row, but sometimes that can't be helped.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: