Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Week 23, Day 4

Calories eaten yesterday: 1298
Fat: 30g (22%)
Carbs: 92g (30%)
Protein: 142g (47%)

Weight this morning: 138.4 (One week ago: 138)
Calories burned in exercise today: 88

There was a 3.2 earthquake last night at 12:13 a.m.! Kinda cool, but short. Just a few short jolts and that was it. Scared the cats when the shaking started, but at least they didn't run under the bed. Poor babies! I was sitting at my computer when it happened. The quake appears to have been on the Hayward Fault and very close to where I live in the East Bay.

There was also one on July 20. It was a 4.2 at 4:42 a.m. Woke me up and took me an hour to get back to sleep. There was a smaller 2.8 later than day that I didn't feel. I'll bet anything that this one was also on the Hayward Fault.

I'm officially stalled. I used to lose all week and gain on the weekends. Now I am still gaining on the weekends but I no longer lose during the week. My tummy is sticking out and hanging over my jeans so I am officially fat. I'm sticking to NS and eating only about 1300 calories a day and even with all my exercise it isn't helping. It's like my body takes every calorie I eat and stores it as fat.

No gym today since it was grocery day, but I did walk the last 1.5 miles to work from the BART station.

More NutriSystem food reviews:
Basil Chicken Breast with Tomato Sauce dinner - I don't know why I didn't discover this entree earlier. The carbs are fairly low and the protein high. But really, it's just an NS chicken breast with tomato sauce. I could do it myself for a whole lot fewer calories/carbs than NS does. Stick with the plain chicken breast dinner entree (160 calories) and dress it up yourself. You'll save calories over NS's way of doing it. 260 calories, 17g net carbs, 28g protein.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Justabeachkat said...

Hi there! I found you through another blog...isn't it amazing and nice how that happens. Anyway, I'm glad I did. You and I are both fighting the carb addiction. I've just started back on the South Beach diet. I did it 3 years ago and lost weight and my body looked and felt incredible. Gradually I came off it and did pretty good. Then I got breast cancer, did radiation, broke my leg, did physical therapy. Not a good year. Now I'm getting back to business.

It looks like you're being successful with your diet, so I'm looking forward to reading through your blog. I don't have much time this morning, but I'll be back.

Visit my blog anytime. You're always welcome.

Hugs!
Kat
(ps...I think you look great! Keep it up!)