Thursday, August 30, 2007

Week 25, Day 5

Calories eaten yesterday: 1239
Fat: 32g (24%)
Carbs: 89g (30%)
Protein: 131g (44%)
Weight this morning: 135 (One week ago: 137.8)
Calories burned in exercise today: 222

First, a quick victory. When my size 6 stretch WalMart jeans (the painter's jeans that are like a large size 8 anywhere else) are stretched out, I can now pull them off without unzipping them. I did that a day or two ago and forgot to write about it here. So the weight and the bloat are going down. I think I will add the soy cereal back in next week on my gym days, and do eggs and yogurt other than that. I'll see how that goes and if the bloat comes back.

I did the rowing machine for 20 minutes at the gym today before getting on an elliptical for the last 10 minutes of my cardio. I don't need the steps, so I figured this was a good time to do it. Man, the rowing machine really does work your back! My shoulders are all tense now. However, rowing doesn't burn many calories though (unless you are going really hard), so my "calories burned" are lower today than usual. I didn't even burn off my protein shake which has 240 calories!

Laundry tonight, and then Xena goes to the vet tomorrow. Bwahaha! After that Brad and I are picking up my $20 at Safeway and then going hiking.

Ok, I'll be back on Sunday with my weigh-in and a full report on Friday (with photos I hope - the trail is beautiful!) and how my cheat day went with my 10 Commandments in place.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Arthur_of_Old said...

Poor Xena doesn't know what tomorrow holds for her at all. Ignorance is bliss for now. =-)

Robin said...

I typed in Carbohydrate Addict and found you. I too am one and am still trying to overcome it. I'm still in the stage where somehow the brief joys of carbs is more important than my health and feeling better. I hope I can find a way to get to where you are...thanks for sharing your journey.

Arthur_of_Old said...

Hope you do well Robin; as I have seen with anything in life, you must have passion to complete it. You've come to one who can inform you well of the benefits and trials of low-carbing. Victoria is well informed and experienced. Wish you the best as you start overcoming your carb addictions.