Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Conference Journal, Day 8

"Clue-by-Four"
Day 8
Sunday, August 5


I woke up just before my alarm went off at 4:45 a.m. By 5 I had dressed and was on my way out the door, my luggage loaded on a golf cart for transport to the bus loading zone.

I ate my carbatious breakfast on the bus - a small chocolate muffin, one Pop Tart, a monster chocolate chip cookie, a blondie bar, and the last of my bread and peanut butter.

My plane left on time and the short flight was uneventful. Brad met me at the airport with the McGriddle I asked for. It was yummy! We then proceeded to McDonald's for lunch. I had a Quarter Pounder meal and a chocolate shake. Brad and I shared a McFlurry dessert. Then we went to my apartment and hauled my luggage upstairs.

I went to turn on the computer and...nothing. It dinged, a gray screen with a dark gray apple came up, and it just hung there! I couldn't turn it off either, except by unplugging it! I called the computer fix it guy I use and he tried to talk me through a couple fixes. It didn't help. He said to bring the computer over. Brad drove me and computer over there, he tried a couple things in person (also failures), and said if I wanted I could leave the computer there and he'd see what he could do. I said to go ahead and do it.

After that Brad and I headed for groceries, but I mentioned how much I was hoping for a Cinnabun, so he drove me all the way out to Concord to Sunvalley mall to get one! We shared a Cinnabun there, and on the way out I saw Hagen Dauz ice cream. I haven't had an ice cream cone in ages so I can a chocolate dipped cone (just the top had been dipped) with one scoop of Rocky Road ice cream. Yummy!

Then we went to Safeway for groceries, mostly veggies and cottage cheese, food I will need for the coming week that wouldn't have kept while I was gone. Then we went home.

I tried to eject a disk from my external CD reader, but I made the mistake of trying to eject it when it was upside down. This resulted in the disk getting stuff inside. I tried to take it apart, but couldn't get to the disk. Brad tried to take it apart and also couldn't get to the disk. So now that it broken, too.

Then I tried to turn off the Direct TV to have that as background noise while I unpacked my luggage and the groceries, and prepped all the veggies. It wouldn't turn on. I got the remote control. It still wouldn't turn on! The remote control worked on the TV and VCR, but not the Direct TV receiver.

At this point I broke down in tears. A person can only take so much.

After pulling myself together I called Direct TV and eventually got through the automated system to a real person. They said they would send out a new receiver at no cost (I have their protection plan). Unfortunately, they will only send it to my house, where it is much more likely to be stolen. They refused to send it to my work. I threw the phone across the room and broke down in tears again. I couldn't pull myself together for a while except that I knew I had so much to do. I finally got myself together, unpacked, and prepped the veggies. I got the laundry started and then Brad and I went out to dinner at Applebees.

I ordered a Mudslide and diet Pepsi to drink, and the quesadilla burger with fries for my meal. After finishing the Mudslide I ordered a glass of Riesling wine. We finished dinner by sharing a dessert of warm brownies and vanilla ice cream. It was all very yummy.

When we got home from that Brad took my "rope of hope" and tied a knot at the bottom. He says that when you get to the end of your rope you need to tie a knot and hang on!

Anyway, with my computer out of commission, pictures from Conference are on indefinate hold.

I have a lot more thoughts on God to share, but they deserve their own post. Watch for that coming.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Arthur_of_Old said...

Hey, it will take time, but the Lord will stay with you and lead you through it. don't give up!!! =-)
Hang on the knot, don't let go. But, if you do, there is grace and mercy. He is the Lord! =-D