Friday, August 03, 2007

Conference Journal, Day 5

Spirit and Truth
Day 5
Thursday, August 2


There was french toast at breakfast, all sugary and delicious. I love french toast so had a little cheat and had one piece. I have to be on the 4 a.m. bus to the airport, so there will be no regular breakfast, and there will likely be no bag breakfasts on Sunday, so I'll have to swipe stuff Saturday during the day so I have something to eat Sunday.

Morning worship was a hymn sing, so I went to that because I really like hymns. Then there was morning Bible study on the topic of "The Spirit Indwells." Then another boring report and committee time. I skipped listening to the reports and came to the computer lab to post my blog post. (Speaking of which, there will be no post Saturday or Sunday since I will not have computer access on Saturday and will be too tired on Sunday. So after Friday I will see you all Monday and catch up.)

Eventually lunch came. There was no hot food I could eat so I had the peanut butter and bread I brought, plus a large salad and a bowl of cottage cheese.

After lunch we had seminars. I went to the second half of the Sabbath history seminar.

Then it was time for business and the reading of the Reference and Counsel committee's report (among others, including adding four churches to the General Conference and dropping one church which had disbanded - a net gain of three churches). One issue was bounced back to Reference and Counsel and they met right after the business session, but I left before they met to get in 45 minutes on the treadmill at the fitness center.

Then dinner and evening worship. The topic was "Results of the Indwelling of the Spirit." The speaker was Stan Fox, the pastor from one of the churches that had officially been welcomed in earlier. As usual, worship was followed by fellowship and then bed.

I have the dates and whereabouts of next year's General Conference. It will be held at Carthage College in Kenosha, Wisconsin from August 3-9. 2008.

Re: the BJC - For anyone who cares, the final vote tally was 234 votes for leaving and 279 for staying. That a margin of just 45 votes - close indeed.

I see a theme this week. Tuesday's Bible study and evening worship focused on God and His word, Wednesday focused on Jesus, and Thursday focused on the Holy Spirit.

Ok, see you all Monday and have a great weekend all!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Amy Dungan said...

Sounds like you've enjoyed the conference!

I've tagged you for a meme. If you wanna play along you can find out what it's about here.