Sunday, August 26, 2007

The 10 Commandments of Saturday "Cheats"

Since I seem to mess up worst on Saturday and am steadily gaining fat, I present these rules as a pledge. My "cheat" days are closer to being binge days, and I must rein them in. I have had this problem before, but what I used to do will no longer work. My metabolism is way slower. As I asked myself before, why do I feel I deserve a cheat? Well, why do I?

I reserve the right to revise this as needed.

The 10 Commandments of Saturday "Cheats"

YOU ARE FAT! Therefore -

At church:
1)
No snacking before church. There will be plenty of time to snack afterwards. If this is a temptation, chew sugar-free gum until the service is over.
2) Two mini cups of peanuts and 1 mini cup of Cheese-Its during break. One mini cup of vanilla animal crackers if they are out. No dipping into bowls or bags. No dried fruit, M&Ms, or Reese's cups. They will make you FAT and you are already fat enough!
3) No snacking on breaded foods or desserts. Three bite maximum to taste.

At home:
4)
Eat only until full at breakfast. Brush teeth after eating.
5) Only one sweet treat per day. If you have a chocolate bar, you cannot have ice cream. If you have ice cream, you cannot have a chocolate bar. Period.
6) Absolutely no seconds on dinner or desserts! One plate of food, one bowl of ice cream, period. The ice cream will still be there next week. This is not the last chance you'll have to eat it.
7) Three drink maximum and no alcohol until you have drunk at least 32 oz. of water.
8) No Atkins bars on Saturday. They have too much fiber and too many calories.
9) If you are not hungry, don't eat! Period! Brush your teeth, chew sugar-free gum, or stick a whitening strip in your mouth.
10) No Starbucks, even if the item is "skim" or "light." Coffee or tea with a little skim milk and sugar-free sweetener is okay.

As an addendum, I won't buy more ice cream after the current supply is gone. The only exception is Carb Smart Rocky Road, which I don't think is being made anymore anyway. I also need to stop buying the sugar-free chocolate chips.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

pendell said...

Sis,

Why has your metabolism stalled? You're exercising at the gym and walking every day, right? And you're getting your minimum calories (1100-1300/day), right? So what happened?

Curious because I want to avoid the same fate.

Unknown said...

I wish I could tell you because yes, I do get physical activity 6 days a week (3 days at the gym), and generally eat the higher end of the 1100-1300 range (men should eat a bit more - 1400-1600).

Arthur_of_Old said...

She is working hard but is plateauing(sp?) =-)I just encouraging
her. Keep on trucking!!

Unknown said...

I came across this post today and want to say that I now have a good idea of why I stalled.

1) My Saturday cheats of course (the subjuct of this post).

2) I'm older and simply don't have the metabolism I did when i was 20.

3) My thyroid is out of whack, but it took almost a year after this post to get diagnosed. Low thyroid means low metabolism.