Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Week 25, Day 4

Calories eaten yesterday: 1239
Fat: 21g (17%)
Carbs: 100g (35%)
Protein: 140g (49%)
Weight this morning: 136.2 (One week ago: 137.8)
Calories burned in exercise today: 102

Lost 2.2 pounds since yesterday! I'm back to seeing my goal weight again. :) That's good. The bloat is going down. I hope it's not because I cut out the soy cereal! I love that stuff!

Went grocery shopping. Got tons of fresh veggies and salad stuff. Brad and I have decided on Saturday's dinner - Dreamfield's pasta (it's low-GI) with low-carb pasta sauce and ground turkey breast. Stir-fry veggies on the side. Probably no-sugar-added ice cream for dessert.

I printed out my 10 commandments for "cheats" and will tape it above the stove when I get home.

When I went shopping they didn't give me my $20 cash back!!! I called the store and they called me back and found my money. I don't have a car so I can't just run down there, so I will have to go back Friday. Argh! What a pain in the ass!

I hit my step goal for the month yesterday, so I don't need any more steps, but I walked the last 1.5 miles to work today for the exercise. It was SO HOT! Damn it was hot. I stopped off at Pac N Save and bought a liter bottle of Calistoga and drank that as I walked.

I use the Our Daily Bread devotional put out by RBC Ministries (a great organization!). Yesterday's topic was about pedometers! It make the point that as a pedometer is a visible reminder to take more steps, we should have visible reminders around us about the Lord and His word each day - a memory verse on a card taped by our desks, or a Scripture calendar. Something to help us focus on Him.

I love the new little bear icons on the NS Website. I have the purple one (20 lbs.) in my sig right now saying, "I will get here." That means getting to 134 pounds - not realistic for a Sunday, but I would like to see that weight a few days a week - wiggle room and all that.

Let's see, upcoming plans. Xena goes to the vet this Friday, then we have to swing by Safeway. I asked for $20 cash back when I bought groceries today and they forgot to give it to me! I called them, and, using the receipt, I found out the register number. They pulled that drawer and counted it and called me back. They are holding it at the customer service desk. I said I could come by Friday afternoon.

After we pick up my money Brad and I are hiking out the same trail as last week, but we are turning off at the Big Trees Trail and seeing what's up that way.

Friday after next I scheduled a dental cleaning since it's been over 6 months. Since my dentist is close to the lake I asked Brad if we could just walk that.

September 13 (a Thursday) we have a staff dinner at El Torito Mexican restaurant. I've been through this before so I will probably order the fajitas, sub out the rice and beans for extra grilled veggies, skip the tortillas, and just eat the meat and veggies with a fork. I'll take a bag of NS Nacho Crisps with me to keep me out of the tortilla chips. I'll probably also need an NS dessert - maybe order after dinner coffee and bring a biscotti.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: