Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Week 25, Day 3

Calories eaten yesterday: 1215
Fat: 27g (21%)
Carbs: 104g (36%)
Protein: 123g (43%)
Weight this morning: 138.4 (One week ago: 138.8)
Calories burned in exercise today: 248

Finally back into the 130s today.

Today I did the stationary bike workout described in the magazine. I've done the treadmill one twice and wanted to try this one out. The article said to use 5, 8, or 10 lb. dumbbells and that this program is for the arms.

First, I couldn't get my heart rate up to the target ranges they suggest. I suspect I'd have to put it on some incredibly high level and really push at the pedals. So I just pedaled at a modest level and speed as usual. It still made me sweat.

Second, all the arm exercises were easy except for the lateral raise. After straining for the 5 lb. weights through two sets of that I ditched the dumbbells and just did it without weights. I'll get an 8 lb. weight for the other exercises next time.

In case anyone wonders about my workout schedule, here's an ideal week. I can't always follow this pattern, but I try.

Sunday - 90 minutes at gym (1 hr. weights/30 min. cardio)
Monday - walk 1.5 miles from train station to work
Tuesday - 90 minutes at gym (1 hr. weights/30 min. cardio)
Wednesday - walk 1.5 miles from train station to work
Thursday - 90 minutes at gym (1 hr. weights/30 min. cardio)
Friday - walk 4-6 miles exploring local trails with a friend
Saturday - rest

Found a cool weight link today. You plug in some basic info and it tells you how your weight compares with other people your age, gender, and height. I'm female, 36-years-old, 5'7", roughly 140 pounds, and I fall into the 20th percentile, meaning that 80% of Americans like me weigh more.

The doctor said I was 5'6.5" and plugging in 5'6" for height I am in the 24th percentile - 76% of Americans like me weigh more. It was a nice ego boost to find this site. With all my recent weight gains I have felt really down. By the way, if I ever hit my goal weight I will be in the 17th percentile for 5'7" and 21st percentile for 5'6". Check it out!

Tomorrow is groceries. I'm going to get salad, veggies, eggs, Dannon fat free yogurt, and cottage cheese. I'm stocked up on meat between my NS meals and the chicken Brad bought for me.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: