Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Conference Journal, Day 3

BJC Vote
Day 3
Tuesday, July 31


After breakfast I skipped morning worship to get a shower, then went to the morning Bible study. Today's topic was the sovereignty of God.

After Bible study was a boring report and then the business session with the big topic of the Baptist Joint Committee vote. Churches voted in alphabetical order and I presented the vote from my church - seven for leaving the BJC and one for remaining. The other churches were much kinder to the BJC and voted for staying in - the proposition went down to a resounding defeat and the SDB General Conference will remain a member of the BJC. I can get the exact numbers later.

Since there was no more business and we still had 40 minutes until lunch, we were told to go to our committees. After lunch, I took some time to post here, then rushed off to the Tuesday seminar. I chose the one on the history of the Sabbath. This is a two-parter so I'll need to choose it on Thursday also when we have more seminars.

After seminars came more committee time. This lasted until just past 4. I got ready for dinner and evening worship, then walked some laps around the track both for exercise and to get my step count up.

The theme of the evening worship service was the sovereignty of God. It gave me a lot to think about. I hope I will have time to write down some of my thoughts on this later.

Evening worship was followed by fellowship and finally bed.

Food-wise I've been doing mostly low-carb - low-carb bread, sugar-free peanut butter, scrambled eggs with bacon or sausage, and salads. I've been trying to keep the fat somewhat is check to I try to avoid seconds on the scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage, and I was told the cottage cheese in the salad bar is low-fat, so I have been eating a lot of that (it's very high in protein, too), and I always choose the non-fat Italian dressing for my salads. So I am mostly eating Atkins-style, but also using some stuff NutriSystem taught me to keep the calories somewhat in check.

The biggest problem is just the sheer number of calories I am eating. My skinny jeans shorts are skin tight again. I will have to get super serious about my diet when I get back.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: