Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Week 24, Day 3

Calories eaten yesterday: 1296
Fat: 34g (25%)
Carbs: 91g (30%)
Protein: 134g (44%)
Weight this morning: 138.8 (One week ago: 139)
Calories burned in exercise today: 263

I'm depressed that as of yesterday morning I was still 5 pounds above goal (142), but then I realized that that is my old goal and there was a time when that would have thrilled me. So I have to give myself some credit at least.

Where is my Whoosh Fairy, Grace? Except for the unfortunate incidents last Saturday, I've been pretty good since getting back from vacation, and she seems to have abandoned me. Come back, Grace, and give me whooshes!

I finally broke back into the 130s today. Maybe if I work really hard I might see an unofficial goal weight this week. Last week I didn't see it even one day, though I was at or below goal three days the previous week.

Everyone is telling me to eat more for my activity level. Hello? That's how I regained so much weight and ended up on NutriSystem to begin with! My metabolism is really slow.

I know my blood pressure is on the low side. Last Friday at the Red Cross it was 108/69. Low-blood pressure can cause a person to feel cold all the time, which I do, and being cold all the time surely is a sign of slow metabolism - I can't even keep myself warm. I know there are other causes of being cold - thyroid issues and iron deficiency to name two, but I have had both of these tested and they are fine. At any rate, I think my low blood pressure contributes to my feeling cold and likely to my slow metabolism. I should get a free T3 and T4 thyroid test, though. Need to ask my doctor about that.

Regarding God and weight loss, doesn't it all come down to gluttony? Yesterday I found this on the official NutriSystem forums, written by a lady named Sophia who started her weight loss at 294 pounds. She is currently 223 and wants to get down to 160.

To act as though I can walk around on this earth 134 pounds overweight at one point - stuffing myself with fatty foods and mis-treating the body that God created for my soul to live in - and then look down on ANY other sin as it being worse than me - that's just not the case. God loves us as a Father - and those of us who are parents can attest to the fact that when our children do something wrong - it hurts. Whether it's REALLY bad or KINDA bad or OMG- CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THAT - it hurts. And I believe our heavenly Father feels the same pain when we sin. So whether one particular thing is sin or not is NOT the issue for me. The issue is that I am NOT the judge. God is. And I've got this big ol' piece of lumber I gotta get out of my eye before I go peering into your eye for that little ol' speck that might or might not be there.

How many of us mistreat the bodies God gave us? We are stewards of the earth, and stewards of our own bodies. God expects us to take care of ourselves just as much as the rest of His creation. Crash diets and those poor in nutrition dishonor Him.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Arthur_of_Old said...

I like this girl. Good point in her blog!