Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Week 52, Day 3

Calories eaten yesterday: 1288
Fat: 32g (22%)
Carbs: 106g (34%)
Protein: 139g (44%)
Weight this morning: 132.4 (One week ago: 132.4)
Calories burned in exercise today: 443

The final word came down on my overtime next week. Sunday I will be able to go to Palm Sunday services, but I have to work 12 hours on Monday from 11 am to 11 pm, so no workout that day either. Not sure how the rest of the week will shape up, but I may only get two workouts in.

The next week isn't so hot either. Sunday is Easter Sunday so I have church again, and Monday is my bi-monthly city run, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get 3 workouts in that week either. I may switch going into the City to Tuesday and try to squeeze in workouts Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. If I try to go to the gym three days in a row my arms don't have time to recover between the arm days. We'll see. I'm going to be up really late Wednesday night and may not be able to make it to the gym Thursday.

I love Easter, but it's sheer insanity on my schedule. I will be getting my walks in those days so it's not like I won't get any exercise, just a lot less.

Anyway - today. I did lower body - starting with walking squats, four sets (yay me!), toe touches, side leg raises, leg raises over ball, wall sits with ball, and finally the standing calf raises and legs extensions. I went up to 70 pounds on the leg extensions, then 60 and 50 to finish the pyramid. :)

On the standing calf raise I put the pin at the highest weight (495 pounds) and I was able to do about 6 reps! (Yay me!) :) I don't go all the way up on my tippy toes because it hurts the tendon on the bottom of my right foot, so I go partially up and down.

I also did some ab work - sits up on ball (3 sets holding 2 lb. ball) and plank with leg raise (only 1 set on this). Also 1 set on the V-sit.

Then I got on the treadmill and ran for 30 minutes at 5.6-6.0 mph with 3-4 30 second sprints at 7.0. I covered 2.96 miles. I could have done 3, but I go for time, not distance.

I took the train out to my stop and walked into work - 30 minutes and 1.5 miles.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Arthur_of_Old said...

I was really happy about your run on the treadmill Victoria. WOW, VIVA Victoria. (YAPI YADI.)

Impressive and strong; Great job! Keep up your good work-outs. All see what true a commitment can do, even with cheating and a binge now and then. An occasional petite scone too, doesn't hurt either, does it. =-) As long as you share it, you won't feel so guilty, right? If I eat most of it, I eat most of your guilt too. So, I think I should get most of those carby sweets. Of course, I'm only thinking of your conscience and your well being. =-) We must sacrifice for the good of ours friends. Who out there agrees??? Now, who wouldn't want a friend that helps you feel better about yourself, relieving a guilty mind. Hey, works for me. Plus, Victoria gets back on plan right away to clear the consequences quickly. Not all are that strong. So, to all you out there, don't try this or let your significant other do this at home. Leave it to the pros. Victoria, she's a consultant to the PROS. =-D

Arthur_of_Old said...

Also, noticed 132.4 again. Your body seems to think that is a good number for you lately!! Hovering in the low 130s, nice, real nice. Good job on the diet front no matter how you look at it.