Thursday, April 17, 2008

Week 57, Day 5

Calories eaten yesterday: 1360
Fat: 23g (15%)
Carbs: 144g (43%)
Protein: 141g (42%)
Weight this morning: 129.6 (One week ago: 131.2)
Calories burned in exercise today: 85

This blog has now reached 50,000 hits! Thank you all! If you scroll all the way to the bottom you will see my Site Meter hit counter. :)

I didn't do much of anything today. Two days of heavy workouts left me tired and my butt is still sore from Tuesday.

Did laundry last night, slept in today, did some housework, and took my wheelie cart to work with me. I needed to buy a lot of groceries and I figured the cart was easier than carrying them. I had a co-worker take the groceries home for me and I'll arrange everything when I get home tonight. So my exercise was walking to work from the BART station, pushing my cart, and stopping for groceries along the way.

Tomorrow is my day off but I am working some overtime from 3 pm-7 pm. I'll walk to work from BART. After work Brad and I will take a quick spin around the lake (3 miles). It takes us about 1 hour.

Saturday is church and we'll walk around the lake again to make up for Friday's shorter walk.

Sunday is back to the gym for upper body work, and back to work at my job. It's also my weigh-in day so I'll be back to report.

The Bay To Breakers race is only about a month away! For those who don't know, Bay To Breakers is San Francisco's version of a moving Mardi Gras. It's a 7.5 mile race from the downtown area (near the Bay) out to the ocean. Last year I completed the course in 1:24:30.

I'll be totally off plan for two days - the day before the race and the day of the race. Traditionally I binge on pizza the night before, saving out two slices for breakfast the next morning, then run the race with carb gel packs with me and have one every 2-3 miles. I know I take in more calories before and during the race than I burn, but I'm not doing it to lose weight. I do it to push myself and see what my body can do.

At any rate, I plan to be strict on my diet until then.

Here's to hoping for a good weigh-in on Sunday!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,, , ,

No comments: