Thursday, May 22, 2008

Week 62, Day 5

Calories eaten yesterday: 1384
Fat: 29g (19%)
Carbs: 95g (27%)
Protein: 185g (53%)
Weight this morning: 130.8 (One week ago: 127.6)
Calories burned in exercise today: 96

Did laundry last night and packed my box of sheets and blankets. Slept in today. Walked to work from BART for exercise, stopping for groceries on the way since it's payday.

Ms. Helena (co-owner of the building I live in) wants to talk with me about the letter I sent them, informing them of my 30 days notice, that I had paid last month's rent when I moved in, and that I expected my $400 security deposit back. I know she will ask for the difference in rent when I moved in vs. now. It don't work that way, Ms. Helena. I paid last and don't owe you the difference. And if you take it out of my security we're going to small claim court. Do NOT screw with me. I have to call her later tonight.

I've pretty much decided I can't go to Conference this year. All told it's going to cost about $1000 for the week. $1000 for one week!?! I simply can't afford that.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,, , ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind me asking, but you complain a lot about not having money, which is a very valid complaint.

You are still young and awfully smart. Why not go for some career training - get a grant or something - or take out a loan, for a higher paying job? I live in So CA and we have a WIN program in our area that trains qualified persons in new careers. I'm sure Northern CA must have a similar program. Ever consider that?

You're smart. You can do it!

Unknown said...

I was dong okay until gas prices went up. I don't drive, but when gas went up, food went up (my grocery bill has increased exponentially), and higher gas prices mean higher bus fares (monthly passes are going up to $80), and higher Conference costs (what cost about $700 last year is going to be about $1000 this year).

Add to that, that the current owners of my apartment building care more about raising the rent than keeping good tenants.

My dentist found two new cavities and one cracked filling - that's $400 more I wasn't expecting.

On top of all that my computer died the end of last year, so I had to buy a new one and I still owe money on it.

So the money issues right now are due to all these things happening at the same time. I was doing okay before all this. Hopefully I won't have a frurry of expenses like this for a long time to come, and moving will definetly help with the money situation.

Arthur_of_Old said...

Hi V,
I am praying for you to get through this time. I'll help as needed. Hang in there. Have your toothbrush I will travel and clean. I do windows too. If I looked like Harrison Ford would that help? =-)=-D

Anonymous said...

hey cheer up money will always come if you think of it in a good way and not crib anout not having much of it! relax and drink purple, it will help you calm down and keep your mood cool as it is the strongest antioxidant punch ever! I drink purple when I have money stress and other related problems so try it it will help and let me know. If you want more information on purple you can get it on www.drinkpurple.com