Thursday, May 29, 2008

Meds & Madness

Calories eaten yesterday: 1394
Fat: 27g (18%)
Carbs: 117g (34%)
Protein: 169g (49%)
Weight this morning: 128.2 (One week ago: 133.8)
Calories burned in exercise today: 82

Well, I have a doctor's appointment in Castro Valley for 9 a.m. on Tuesday June 10th. They are going to do bloodwork so no eating after 9 pm Monday night. Which means no bedtime snack which means I may or may not be able to get to sleep, and if I do it will only be a few hours because I work late and don't get to bed until 2 a.m. and then will have to get up around 7 for this appointment. That means I'll be wiped out and won't be able to get to the gym that Wednesday because I'll need to catch up on sleep. Brad said he will drive me to the appointment (taking time off work), so that will help. They didn't have anything later. All new patients are scheduled in the morning.

If I survive this all I deserve a cheat day. Not an all out binge, just a cheat day. The doctor will want to do a GYN exam and I'll have to talk to him about that because I need serious pain meds to survive it and need him to give me the meds and then set up a separate appointment just for that purpose.

Lupe originally had me down for the previous Friday at 10 a.m. but it was with a female doctor and I don't like female doctors. I have never had a good experience with one so I try to avoid them now. Tuesday at 9 a.m. was the best they could do to get me a male doctor.

I'll continue splitting medication doses until I can actually order more meds from Canada. The lower dose I'm taking is really effecting me and my depression is coming back. I'm spinning back into that black hole and no one cares because none of the other people involved in this doctor fiasco suffer from severe clinical depression.

My workout today:

Strength training:
Lifting and carrying boxes and bags out of storage and down two flights of stairs to the dumpster and recycling bin, making several trips.

Cardio:
Climbing back up two flights of stairs, making several trips.

Then I walked to work from the BART station and my pedometer battery died partway so I lost a bunch of steps. As soon as I noticed it I found a bench to sit on and changed the battery.

I'm supposed to give blood tomorrow. I haven't given since December 14th of last year and I don't want anything to stop me this time! It's been too long.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,, , ,

No comments: