Monday, May 26, 2008

Moving & Meds

Calories eaten yesterday: 1224
Fat: 37g (27%)
Carbs: 74g (24%)
Protein: 142g (47%)
Weight this morning: 134 (One week ago: 143.6)
Calories burned in exercise today: 97

I ended up working 14 hours yesterday, from 11 a.m. Sunday morning to 1 a.m. this morning. Lisa was two hours late because she had been at a concert. That's four hours time and a half for me and two hours double time. Needless to say I did not go to the gym today. I did walk from the BART station to work and stopped for some groceries on the way.

Update on my apartment situation. Helena, one of the owners, called me and said that if I paid this rent increase then they wouldn't increase my rent next year. I (once again) said I can't afford this rent increase. They just do not get it.

Helena also said that the $695 I'd paid at move-in was not last month's rent, but a security deposit and asked me to check my papers at home. I did and unfortunately she was right. I paid $695 security and an extra $200 for the cats. I gave them the rent check for June (with the new higher rent) and put a Post-It note on it saying I wanted all $895 of my deposit back.

Rene (the manager) called me on Friday. He had spoken with the owners (hence their call) and went to bat for me, saying that I was a good tenant and asking if they really wanted me to leave because they don't know who they will get next. Evidently, they don't care.

Rene said they try to screw over everybody who leaves and that I should take pictures of everything and have a witness. He would also be my witness. They will take money out for every little thing. Though the words weren't spoken, I got the sense that I'll have to go to small claims court to get anything back. For under $1500 the filing fees appears to be just $30.

Update on my medication situation. I am low on medication. I found my pill cutter and have starting splitting doses. The normal dosage of Celexa is 40mg a day. So what I'm doing is taking 40mg one day, 20mg the next, and so on. It's not a healthy thing to do as my body needs the entire 40mg each day, but it's the best I can do right now.

It's Memorial Day so few people are here at work. I'll have to talk with Lupe (the health assistance person at work) tomorrow and impress upon her my need for a referral to a doctor NOW.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,, , ,

No comments: