Monday, August 25, 2008

Bill blues & other stuff

Calories eaten yesterday: 1119
Fat: 27g (21%)
Carbs: 77g (27%)
Protein: 149g (52%)
Weight this morning: 133.6 (One week ago: 134.2)
Calories burned in exercise today: 208

Bill blues today. I got an $83 cell phone bill, much of it in overages. Verizon of course refuses to work with me. They want all their money by the due date, or else. Verizon is bar none the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working with. Brad said to call him on his cell phone since it's also Verizon so I won't be charged minutes.

My first water bill also came today - $58. I think that's for two months so it's about $30 a month. Not too bad, but not in my budget either.

I'm learning more about being hypothyroid. I noticed my Free T3 Uptake was high and out of range, but the doctor didn't touch on that when he went through my blood tests with me. I asked about it on About.com's Thyroid Disease forum at this thread. Basically, it's an old test, Free T3 and Free T4 are better tests, and my high reading is consistent with being hypothyroid. Great. :-p

With my recent hypoglycemic diagnosis I decided to get back into testing my blood sugar again. My True Track meter still works even with expired test strips, but try as I might I could not get the Aviva to work with expired strips. I ended up throwing out a bunch and ordered one vial of 50 off e-Bay for about $20. I will use the Aviva when those strips come since I think it is more accurate than the True Track. Meanwhile, the True Track still gives me about what I would expect even with the expired strips.

Exercise today was 1 hour of upper body weight training at the gym, and then I walked to work from the train station. Tomorrow I hope to do the same except that I'll work my lower body. :) I felt SO much better at the gym today because I got enough sleep last night.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,, ,

No comments: