Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Personal Training, Session 1

Calories eaten yesterday: 1410
Fat: 31g (19%)
Carbs: 110g (31%)
Protein: 175g (49%)
Weight this morning: 133.8 (One week ago: 132.6)
Calories burned in exercise today: 125

I slept until about 11:30 today. I walked down toward the BART station, but when I was almost there I realized I'd left my coffee mug at a convenience store near my house. Argh! So I walked back to the store and got my mug, then took the bus to BART, caught BART, and took the bus to work. I had been hoping to walk to BART and take the 50 bus to work to save the BART fare. But leaving my coffee mug ate up all my extra time. I am so out of it.

The personal training session yesterday went well. We worked on delts by bending over and lifting a dumbbell straight out (EVIL EVIL!), lateral raises, ab crunches, and a cable machine move that was supposed to work my abs but I only felt it in my lower back. We also did the barbell press (not I know how to hold a barbell so it doesn't wobble!), and a shoulder exercise where I bent over, knees slightly bent, and lifted the barbell from my knees to my hips (EVIL EVIL!). I asked him how much the barbell weighed for those exercises and he said 45. Wow. I'm impressed with myself.

He had me doing three sets of 10 on most exercises. I asked why he wasn't using the 3-4 sets at 6-8 reps that he laid out for my at our first meeting and he said it was to gauge my strength.

We meet again next Monday.

---

I got an e-mail recently linking to the article 25 Diet Tricks to Convince Your Body It’s Not Hungry. I don't usually link to articles I get by e-mail - most are self-promoting and often have nothing to do with the topics I cover here. But I liked this article since I already do many of the things it talks about. So check it out. It might give you some ideas on how to manage your own hunger pangs. :) The one thing I disagree with is "celery" under #5 - even celery has calories and the link given says that the only truly negative calorie "food" is cardboard. Celery is very low in calories, but it does not meet the definition of a "negative calorie" food.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,, ,

No comments: