Monday, September 01, 2008

Health club membership, and some thoughts on pets

Calories eaten yesterday: 1128
Fat: 22g (18%)
Carbs: 111g (40%)
Protein: 118g (42%)
Weight this morning: 135 (One week ago: 133.6)
Calories burned in exercise today: 167

My weight was barely down today so I did gain a lot from my off plan days and I was seriously dehydrated yesterday morning. As you can see, I am way above where I was this time last week.

Got a call this morning from the guy at 24 Hour Fitness. My membership doesn't run out until the 10th, but he swears that if I prepay three years tomorrow that I can get a great deal. The deal sound good, but I'm trying to get ahold of him to ask about initiation fees, whether I have to pay for the personal training, processing fees, etc. In other words, how much more will I have to pay over the quoted price? Anyway, I have an appointment with him at 1:15 tomorrow and hopefully I can do some weight training before that.

I'm still wiped out. I was totally overcome with tiredness by 1:30 this morning and I'm usually still quite awake then. This was after about 10 hours of sleep the night before and only light exercise. I was even so far out of it that I missed my bus stop and had to walk back. :-p

Boss "J" isn't here today because it's a holiday, but I will have to deal with him tomorrow. :( I'm still too far out of it to care about eating very much. It's part 4 pm and I haven't even had breakfast. I'll eat some green beans soon.

A co-worker in my department "Y" made me really angry last night with his comments about cats. He mentioned he finally got his cat spayed (and when they did it they found she was pregnant again) and we talked about prices. I mentioned that Xena's pain meds cost $12. "Y" doesn't believe in pain meds because, in his words, "It's just a cat. It doesn't have a soul."

Excuuuuse me? First, the Bible doesn't say if animals have souls. Second, why should it even matter? It's a living, breathing creature. God set us as caretakers of the earth and all it's creatures. We should do our best to take care of the ones we adopt. Cats feel pain just like people. Cats need the see the doctor just like people. Cats need dental care just like people. Why should the fact that it is a "lesser" creature matter one whit?

I just don't get people like that, especially a Christian. I've seen the same with my pastor's family's pets. I don't feel they take nearly as good care of them as they should. As Christians we should care more than anybody else as we have to answer to a higher power.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,, ,

No comments: