Sunday, March 15, 2009

My trip to Oregon

Last week was a lost cause. I binged while I was gone. I pigged out all the way there, while there, and all the way back. I was on plan last week on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, then pigged out Wednesday and Thursday on my trip, was on plan Friday, and pigged out Saturday.

I have gained a lot of fat from eating way more than my poor metabolism can handle, so it's time to get serious again and cut way back on the calories. I am not very hungry today and after all I ate yesterday so I am eating light today. I haven't gone near my scale. I'm too afraid.

At least seeing Dad last Wednedsay was cool. I had to get up at 5:30 a.m. and Brad showed up in a company vehicle at 6 or 6:15. We were actually at the airport before 7 for my 8:45 a.m. flight. I wasn't going to check anything, but I ended up having to box up my toiletry kit because it had mouthwash and aerosol foot spray in it. When I flew back I left those with Mom and Bill and they mailed them back to me a day or two later.

When I arrived Mom and Bill already had Dad with them. We went out to dinner at JJ North's Buffet (all you can eat), and I ate way too many of the desserts. Some of what I ate was sugar-free or no-sugar-added but not all of it. :(

Then Mom, Bill, and I helped Dad shop for food at the Super Walmart. He sure eats things a diabetic has no business eating, such as cole slaw and fudge covered grahams.

Mom and Bill took me back to the hotel and took Dad home. They didn't get back until the wee hours of the morning because they had to put away all the stuff dad bought before coming back. The hotel offers breakfast in the morning so I pigged out on everything. Then someone who works there drove me to the airport to fly back.

I had to go through Portland both ways because Medford is a regional airport and doesn't have flights to Oakland. I had a cheeseburger and fries for lunch plus three glasses of wine on the way there, and an appetizer or just fries for lunch on the way back. Plus candy and a bunch or sugary and high-fat, high-carb crap both ways.

---

I got some good exercise today. Brad and I set out from my apartment and ended up walking all the way to work via Alameda. Walker Tracker says we covered about 8 miles. Total calories: 461

Yesterday after church Brad and I walked to Southshore Mall - 1 hour 13 minutes and 3.8 miles. We went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and ordered their 3-Piece Pub Table Set. I put it on my credit card. I've been talking about buying this sort of thing for a long time and it's time to just do it. It was $99.99 plus tax, but I can get a retroactive discount once I get coupons for them. I signed up for their coupons and they said to just bring in my receipt with whatever coupon.

Then we went to Applebee's. We sat at the bar because their was a waiting time for tables and we weren't having dinner. I had a Blood Mary (didn't care for it), then a Mochatini. Meanwhile I had begun chatting with the guy next to me. He ended up buying me a Mochatini (tres sweet!). Brad had a beer and a chicken caesar salad that took forever so the bartender gave him a second beer for free.

Then we hit Trader's Joe's and I bought a case of wine including one bottle each of each of their whites. Then I got a small nonfat, sugar-free raspberry latte from the coffee shop in borders since Starbucks was closed. We took the bus home and had tilapia, mixed veggies, cheese, and cottage cheese for dinner.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: