Thursday, March 05, 2009

Overtime, Day 3

Calories eaten yesterday: 1218
Fat: 19g (14%)
Carbs: 116g (39%)
Protein: 135g (46%)
Weight this morning: 130.2 (One week ago: 129.4)
Calories burned in exercise today: 190

Third and last day of overtime today.

I am a complete failure food-wise. I woke up this morning and was SO hungry after doing so well yesterday. I ate my breakfast (turkey and cheese sandwich) plus two additional pieces of bread with zero-calorie jam. But I was still starving and could think of nothing else but eating. I stopped at Pac-N-Save for a two cup container of cottage cheese, then got a McChicken mini-meal at McDonald's (no mayo and of course Diet Coke to drink).

Then I went over to Burger King for their "Burger Shots" - two mini-burgers. I did get them with cheese. They would have been okay if they hadn't overdone the mustard. Yuck! They tried to give me fries because the order took so long but I turned them down on that. I didn't want more fries and don't like Burger King fries as much as McDonald's anyway. They took the fries out of my bag. There were a few left and I happily ate those.

Then I went to Starbucks for a skinny cinnamon dulce latte and decided to get the latte and coffee cake deal. They were out of the reduced-fat coffee cake so I got the regular. I looked up the nutrition info. online when I got to work and one piece of their coffee cake has 570 calories!!! That's the last time I eat that! It was good, but not worth 570 calories! Yikes! At least the reduced-fat cinnamon swirl coffee cake is "only" 330 calories. Next time I do that I won't get the "deal" if they don't have the reduced-fat kind.

When I got to work I had a few sweets from downstairs (the IT people keep candy around). Then I ate the two cups of cottage cheese I bought and that finally filled me up. Altogether it took over 2300 calories to give me a feeling a satiety - and that was just one "meal"! See how screwed up my hunger is (likely because of the anti-depressant I take)?

Weekend plans - I get off at 3 a.m. tomorrow morning (Friday). I'll go home and take a shower and go to bed. Friday the heater people are coming between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., then I have to do laundry. I also have to work grocery shopping in there at some point. I have no money so groceries will go on my credit card. :-p

Brad's care is still broken (he can't even get it into the shop - they are booked up!) so Anita will have to pick us up for church. After church I will bake oatmeal cookies to take to my Dad next week. I am thinking of mixing in some chocolate Muscle Milk to make chocolate oatmeal cookies.

Sunday is (hopefully) back to the gym. Be back Sunday afternoon with a full report!

I'm flying up to Oregon next week so I will be off work and offline for a few days. However, I have a couple of posts written and cued up to post automatically - a fun dieting quiz and a book review on The Thyroid Diet by Mary Shamon.

I'm taking next Tuesday off because my flight leaves early Wednesday morning and I come back Thursday afternoon.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

me said...

I hope you have a safe trip and a good time visiting in Oregon.
Don't be too hard on yourself re; the eating. That was a lot of overtime / work you did this week and you must be tired. Take Care Victoria. x