Monday, March 16, 2009

Family Feud

Calories eaten yesterday: 729 (no, that isn't a typo; I ate way too much on Saturday and wasn't hungry)
Fat: 14g (18%)
Carbs: 48g (28%)
Protein: 92g (52%)
Calories burned in exercise today: 102

Forgot to set my alarm last night so I overslept and didn't make it to the gym. I walked down to BART, but even with my leg brace on, all the walking yesterday took it's toll and my knee was aching. I hopped to bus and took that to just past the airport, then walked the last 10 minutes in. Hopefully I can make it to the gym tomorrow. I know I have gained a ton of weight around my middle and I'm truly fat again. :(

Dad called April last night to get my phone number. April didn't have it at that moment, but called me and told me to call Dad. I did. First he told me how pleased I was at my behavior when I saw him last week. Um...Dad? I'm 38, not 13.

He then asked me if I had a credit card and I said yes and he asked if I paid the whole thing off every month. Um...no. Most people don't. Dad didn't send a February check so I had to put groceries on my credit card, and I never would have been able to afford a table and two chairs for my kitchen/dining room if I couldn't put it on credit and pay it back over time. Nobody every buys a house or car outright - you finance and pay it off over time. He reamed me saying that paying even one penny of interest meant I was living beyond my means. WTF???

He said maybe I need to eat less and go a bit hungry so I can pay off my credit card in full every month. How much less does he expect me to eat? I'm already starving on 1200-1300 calories a day. I can't cut back more without going mad.

He accused me of paying more rent at my current apartment. I corrected him that my rent had been raised at my old place so I had moved into this cheaper place. It was more than the old rent, but less than the new rent. (If you count paying for water I suppose it would be more expensive, but I have some control over that bill at least.)

All in all a very unpleasant call. I swear he is so out of touch with the reality of things here. There was no cost of living increase at my job this year, no doubt because donations are down due to the economy. I understand that, though it doesn't make paying rising grocery prices any easier. Tilapia (a kind of fish) was on sale last week for $3.99 a pound. This week it was still on sale, but was $4.99 a pound.

My doctor's bills, blood tests, and iron supplements and prescription are out of control. Am I supposed to let my health go to pot? I need to take care of myself, something I didn't do for the longest time. I want to feel well, damn it! I bought more liquid iron from the lady downstairs who does the health stuff (I ran out of it this weekend and needed more). Even with my 50% discount, that stuff is really expensive - my part came to $47 for two bottles, but what can I do when my ferritin is so low?

Ok, *sigh*, rant over.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: