Monday, May 09, 2005

Books

Haven't been too hungry today. After I got to work I got bored and wrapped up in the book "Till We Have Faces" by C.S. Lewis. And I saw the story in a whole new light, like seeing through new eyes, and so I wept and wrote and tried to put it all into words. So eating since lunch fell by the wayside. Now that that's all over, I'm getting hungry, lol.

Now that that book is done I can get into Jon Krakauer's "Under the Banner of Heaven" about a guy who kills a couple people because he thinks God told him to.

After THAT I need to read (and some re-reading of) the Narnia series. There's 7 short books; I've read 5; I understood 3. Now I have a book that helps explain Lewis' metaphors, so I am ready to attack the series yet again.

I've taken to staying up late to do my Bible reading, sitting in bed with a flashlight. Saturday I spent nearly an hour at it, catching up on the readings I'd fallen behind on.

No comments: