Monday, May 02, 2005

Happy birthday to me

Woohoo. I'll be nine tomorrow. No, not physically. ;) Physically I'm 34 and my b-day is in January. I'll be nine spiritually. Nine years since I crossed that line and decided to follow the God I find in the Bible rather than the goddess in the Craft. It seems like just yesterday that Charles was nine and I was the baby Christian being helped out. Now I'm older and wiser. I can't get away with the childish games I used the pull.

God expects more as you get older, just as any reasonable parent expects more from their child every year...from walking and talking to basic math to algebra, and all the way up to going to college. Sometimes I don't like getting older precisely for this reason - I don't WANT more responsibility.

Ahhhhh...it ain't all roses.

I'm just tired today due to the 12 hour shift I'm working. Don't mind me.

No comments: