Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Rough couple of days

Calories eaten yesterday: 1355
Fat: 42g (30%)
Carbs: 96g (31%)
Protein: 114g (37%)

Weight this morning: 139.8 (One week ago: 140.2)
Calories burned in exercise today: 103

Drank my last Atkins shake today. Switching to the EAS Carb Control shakes should help me get my fat and calories down a bit. For now I will try just using them on workout days and using half of an Atkins bar for my afternoon snack on non-workout days. That will help me use up the bars and save the shakes which are expensive.

Remember how I said I went shopping at WalMart yesterday and what I bought? Well, several hours after that shopping trip I discovered that I had left one bag at the store! I didn't have several items!

I called the store this morning and they said to bring in the receipt. Uh oh. I had ripped up the receipt and tossed it in the trash at work. After grocery shopping I came to work early and dug through the trash, finding all of the pieces of the receipt, many damp. I taped them all together, washed my hands, and walked back to the store. I explained my predicament. Evidently this happens a lot. The lady at the customer service desk told me to go into the store, get the items I had bought the day before, and bring them back to her. I did so. Another customer service lady saw me the second time and she just bagged up the stuff I brought back without hardly looking at it! She handed me the bag and that was it.

So I have the stuff I should have had yesterday. The rotating bagging areas at the checkstands make it easy for people to leave stuff. I've seen it happen several times before and now it's happened to me. At least WalMart was willing to fix it so I have the items I paid for. :)

All told I had over 11,000 steps by the time I clocked into work today!

I haven't had any wine all week. I really wanted some last night because I was so stressed out over the rent increase and leaving the bag at WalMart. I think I will have a glass of Riesling tomorrow - maybe a big glass! - since I will be up late doing laundry.

Here's my bib photo for Bay To Breakers as promised. Click to enlarge.

My bib for Bay to Breakers came today!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Calianna said...

Oh my!

My experience with Walmart today was just the opposite - Somehow, I found I had an extra item in my bag when I got home today. Not something I would have ever bought, either. Apparently the person who last used the self-checkout forgot one of their bags.

Glad you were able to get your items replaced!