Sunday, April 29, 2007

Week 8 Weigh-In

First, my weigh-in numbers.
Start: 154
Week 1: 150 (-4) - Week 2: 148.6 (-1.4)
Week 3: 146 (-2.6) - Week 4: 147.2 (+1.2)
Week 5: 145.6 (-1.6) - Week 6: 144 (-1.6)
Week 7: 143 (-1) - Week 8: 142.8 (-0.2)
Total loss: -11.2

Ok, now to catch up on other numbers.
Calories eaten Thursday: 1549
Fat: 27g (17%)
Carbs: 110g (29%)
Protein: 132g (35%)
Weight Thursday morning: 138.6 (One week before: 139.4)
Calories burned in exercise Thursday: 199

Calories eaten Friday: 1425
Fat: 27g (18%)
Carbs: 112g (32%)
Protein: 98g (28%)
Weight Friday morning: 139 (One week before: 139.2)
Calories burned in exercise Friday: 99

Weight Saturday morning: 139.2
Calories burned in exercise Saturday: 0

Great. I didn't lose anything this week, even after seeing three straight days below 140. I saw a new low (since starting NutriSystem) on the scale, but I way overdid it yesterday and gained it all back. :( It started with Brad wanting to "bring along" Nicole when we went out to dinner. She lives out in Concord and was very late showing up. Then they picked up me and I had to ride in the back of the van. I was the unwanted and unneeded "third wheel," totally left out.

Brad, I have some ideas for the next time this happens. 1) Cancel dinner with me and explain that another friend really needs you. Reschedule with me for another time. 2) Explain to the other friend that you already have previous plans ans set up a later time to go out with them. But this is the first and last time I let someone else "come along" with us. Just go out with them and leave me alone at home where I can at least relax.

I keep a word find puzzle book in my purse to pass the time on the bus/train/etc. if I don't want to read or don't have anything with me to read. I pulled that out and worked my puzzle while we waited for dinner. They didn't even notice.

The restaurant we went to sucked also. Because Nicole was SO late we couldn't go where we planned (too long a drive) so we wound up at Cato's Ale House. I didn't like it and it was far too dark. First and last time I go there.

Anyway, because of all that stress I ate way too much after getting dropped off and that skyrocketed my weight right back to where I was last week. *sigh* I skipped the gym and slept in this morning because I am still wiped out.

Friday wasn't a whole lot better. I barely made it to the Red Cross on time due to yet another problem with the buses. Someone suggested I take BART next time and walk from the station and I may just do that. I have never seen such horrible bus service so consistently.

After they took my blood I got lightheaded and they forgot to take the vials for testing. So they had to prick me in my other arm to get those, which made me lightheaded all over again. After also getting pricked in my finger to test iron levels I felt like a pin cushion.

Brad and I did some easy walking after that, but the blood donation really hit me hard this time. I had no energy for the walk, and haven't had any energy since then. A lower-calorie, higher-carb diet isn't helping that at all.

Stopped at WalMart on the way to work today. I have really become hooked on whole grain, slow-cooked oatmeal. I'm out so I stopped to get some more (I bought their largest canister). I also bought a box of All Bran; it has 13g net carbs per serving. I looked for Special K "Protein Plus," but I guess they don't make it anymore. I also bought more of the WalMart brand diet soda, a digital watch to time myself during Bay To Breakers (I don't trust their timing chips yet and I want to know my time right away), a birthday card for my Dad, and some cleaner for my coffee maker (sodium carbonate).

Anyway, here's the photos from giving blood. This was my fourth time. Click any of them to see a larger size.

me giving blood
me giving blood (#4)

me giving blood (#4)

my bandage after giving blood
my bandage after giving blood

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: