Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Week 5, Day 3

Calories eaten yesterday: 1498
Fat: 47g (29%)
Carbs: 95g (26%)
Protein: 132g (36%)

Weight this morning: 144.6
Calories burned in exercise today: 104

I'm feeling sick again! I have had a sore throat since yesterday so I've dosing on Vitamin C, Zicam, and I bought some Airborne. I am replacing everything around my apartment that I can - I threw away my dish sponge and replaced it and bought a new dishrack at WalMart. This time I got stainless steel. It shouldn't let mold grow as badly as plastic. I washed out the water container on the Pod coffee maker in case anything grew in there. I threw out the plastic silverware I use at work and replaced it. I put all my plastic water bottles in the recycle bin and bought new ones. I bought those tiny bathroom cups for mouthwash and a dispenser for them. I tossed my toothbrush, found the main body of a Crest SpinBrush, and put a new head on it. I'm looking for a whole brand new SpinBrush but couldn't find one at either Safeway or WalMart. Maybe next week. And the newest rule in the house - every dish will be washed with soap and water every time it is used; no more just rinsing things because I live alone.

I have no idea why I am getting sick so often. I didn't change anything. It's not my diet because I did great on Atkins for 2 1/2 years before this started and now I'm on NutriSystem. I can't afford to be sick anymore. I only have three sick days left until my rollover in September.

Other things I bought at WalMart - a white cotton blanket for my bed. Right now when I wash the blue blanket it's the only one so I can't make the bed until it's done. Now I can switch these blankets off. I also got shower curtain hooks that match my toothbrush holder.

I looked for egg whites today. I discovered that a dozen expensive cage free real eggs are cheaper than the egg whites in a container. So I bought the real eggs. I know how to separate an egg when needed (I learned in 6th grade in Home Ec class).

No gym today. I went grocery shopping. None tomorrow either since it seems I'm getting sick.

More NutriSystem food reviews:
Mint Chocolate Crunch Bar dessert - Similar to the Chocolate Crunch Bar, only mint flavored (duh!). Too high in sugar for my liking (11g) so I didn't reorder any. I just got one on my first order so I could try it. It tasted okay - I like mint and chocolate together - but went down too easy and was gone too fast, lol!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: