Sunday, April 01, 2007

Week 4 Weigh-In

First, my weigh-in numbers.
Start: 154
Week 1: 150 (-4) - Week 2: 148.6 (-1.4)
Week 3: 146 (-2.6) - Week 4: 147.2 (+1.2)
Total loss: -6.8

A 1.2 pound gain. I have got to get more serious and cut back my calories more. This totally and completely sucks. I wish I could blame it on PMS, but I don't gain water weight before my period and never have.

Now to catch up on my stats:
Calories eaten Thursday: 1626
Fat: 43g (24%)
Carbs: 103g (26%)
Protein: 124g (31%)

Weight Thursday morning: 142
Calories burned in exercise Thursday: 266

Calories eaten Friday: 1265
Fat: 21g (15%)
Carbs: 84g (27%)
Protein: 81g (26%)

Weight Friday morning: 141.4
Calories burned in exercise Friday: 270

Weight Saturday morning: 143.6
Calories burned in exercise Saturday: 0

Weight this morning: 147.2
Calories burned in exercise today: 237

Friday Brad and I walked twice around the lake. I was so bored. We need to find a new place to walk that is still pretty close. I ate my NutriSystem Chocolate Caramel Bar dessert (review below). The large amount of sugar and other carbs spiked my blood sugar, giving me a short burst of energy, but pretty soon it dropped my blood sugar and I was tired again. NutriSystem is based on "good carbs"? My ass they are. This bar was anything but good carbs. How come something like this is on the diabetic program? The dietitian who drives me to church every week thought 14g of sugar was excessive for any diabetic food.

I didn't know if I'd make it to the gym today. I went to Palm Sunday services at St. Paul's, then walked to my health club (10 or so minutes). I had brought my workout clothes and changed into them out of my church clothes. I had enough time to do 1 hour of weights, but no time for cardio, so I stayed in my workout clothes and walked to work from the BART station to make up for it. I stopped at Starbucks on the way. I am planning on having the chocolate macadamia biscotti for my NutriSystem dessert today and biscottis need to be dipped in coffee. :)

As you can see I've switched things over to an Easter theme. It's Holy Week so it seemed apropos. It will go away a couple days after Easter. :)

Brad and I had dinner at Applebee's. I had the Weight Watchers chocolate raspberry cake for dessert. It was totally not worth it in terms of price, size, or taste. It was expensive, tiny, and didn't taste great. It was okay, just not worth it. I won't do that again.

We hit Starbucks before and after Applebee's. The first visit I had a tall (small) Caramel Frappuccino Light Blended Coffee, no whip (140 calories, 26g net carbs), and the second visit I had a tall (small) nonfat Cinnamon Dolce Latte with Sugar Free Syrup, no whip, no sprinkles (90 calories, 14g net carbs). I could have sworn the latte was 120 calories, but either way, it's not too bad. So it could have been a lot worse. :) Starbucks has full nutritional information on their Web site.

More NutriSystem food reviews:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Bar - Pretty good. I liked this. It's a bit high in carbs, though, so I added just one to my next order.

Chocolate Caramel Bar dessert - Overly, sickly sweet. It's like getting used to diet soda and then drinking a regular. Bleh. Predictably, it spiked and crashed my blood sugar from the 14g of sugar (and 23g net carbs). Thankfully they discontinued it so I couldn't make the mistake of ordering any.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: