Thursday, April 19, 2007

Week 7, Day 5

Calories eaten yesterday: 1402
Fat: 36g (23%)
Carbs: 135g (38%)
Protein: 100g (28%)

Weight this morning: 139.4 (One week ago: 139)
Calories burned in exercise today: 264

This blog is up to 25,000 hits as of yesterday! Yay! Thank you all! If you scroll all the way to the very bottom you will see the site tracker with the hit count. :)

Back into the 139 range today (yay!), but higher than the same time last week (boo!). I hope I show a loss come Sunday!

Diet-wise I'm experimenting with "mindful eating" - eating with a full awareness of the food instead of the computer, TV, etc. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Some food doesn't taste good enough that I want my full awareness on it, lol!

The personal trainer from 24 Hour Fitness called me yesterday. I had to juggle my calendar around, but I am scheduled for my first session on Monday morning at 11:30 a.m. This is just a weigh/measure/body fat/etc. - the same as my first session 2 1/2 years ago with the other trainer except that testing for resting metabolic rate is separate and 24 Hour doesn't offer that service anymore anyway.

The bad part of this is, being on Monday, my weight will be higher than it would if I met with him at the end of the week like the last time we did this 6 weeks ago. In fact, I may show a weight gain from that weigh-in! That will also throw off my body fat percentage so that comparing the two would be worthless. I guess I will find out whether it will throw my body fat percentage high or low.

Small victory yesterday when grocery shopping - I didn't buy ice cream so I can't eat any this weekend. I'm worried I'll attack the sugar free Oreos, though. Maybe knowing that I'll be seeing the personal trainer on Monday will help keep me on track. :)

The high carb foods on the free week of NutriSystem are sapping my energy. 25-35% carbs and I have more energy (especially at the lower end of that). More than that and I seem to drag. I can't wait until these carbohydrate nightmare foods are gone and I can get some energy back. Today's nightmare menu is blueberry pancakes for breakfast (I was so sick of eggs), pea soup for lunch, and pasta fagioli for dinner.

Speaking of which, you really can't taste the blueberries in the blueberry pancake mix or the chocolate in the chocolate chip mix. I think I will go with plain mix from now on - it's lower in carbs and calories and Walden Farms chocolate syrup can make it just as good as the chocolate chip mix. Oh well, live and learn.

I believe every diet has something to teach me - NutriSystem is no exception. I am slowly getting a handle on portion control, and NS has been instrumental in convincing me to count all carbs except fiber. From now on I will count sugar alcohols and glycerin in low-carb products. I couldn't convince myself to do that as long as I was on Atkins. I'm also eating oatmeal (slow-cooked, unsweetened) more often and really enjoy it. I think of it as a healthy treat. Add some strawberries and Walden Farms chocolate syrup and it's delish!

More NutriSystem food reviews:
Macaroni & Cheese dinner - Another food from my free week and a carbohydrate nightmare. It has 38g of net carbs and only 15g protein. At least they only sent me one. Nonetheless, foods that are bad for us usually taste good, and other than being bland, this was no exception. Hey - who doesn't like mac and cheese? Anyway, it definitely needs more seasoning and a whole lot more protein and less carbs.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: