Monday, June 18, 2007

Week 16, Day 2

Calories eaten yesterday: 1271
Fat: 31g (23%)
Carbs: 104g (34%)
Protein: 131g (42%)

Weight this morning: 137.4 (One week ago: 138.8)
Calories burned in exercise today: 102

A new low for a Monday. That's always good. :)

I've come to the conclusion that oatmeal (old-fashioned with no added sugar) and me don't get along. I even added a couple egg whites for protein, but the high carb and low fiber content left me hungry and with an edge to my temper before snack time. I think oatmeal needs to be occasional. I love it, but it doesn't seem to love me back.

My Netrition order came today. I got Dixie Diner sugar-free chocolate chips. They are larger than I expected, but will taste just as good on ice cream or in oatmeal. :) I also order several Baja Bob's low-sugar pina colada mixes, and one Mojito mix to try.

Along with my order I qualified for a free bottle of Reduce diet pills. I see they are a starch and fat neutralizer. They claim it's a $20 value, but I know from experience that they are about worth what I paid - nada. LOL Can't hurt, and I'm not one to turn down free diet pills so I'll take them. Maybe it will help neutralize the large amounts of starch in some of the NutriSystem foods.

Speaking of neutralizing fat, Alli went on sale today. It's a fat blocker with some pretty nasty side effects. On NutriSystem I often get only about 30g of fat per day, the recommended minimum RDA. The last thing I need to to block part of that and risk being deficient in fat-soluble vitamins (A,D,E,&K). Alli is also quite expensive. Another miracle diet pill that won't lighten anything except people's wallets because few people are willing to permanently change their whole lifestyle.

Today I ran into the City. Tomorrow I'll hopefully get back to the gym.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Arthur_of_Old said...

Those chips, big as they are, were excellent. Keep going for the bear. The one you have needs some company. =-)

You'll reach your goal. Almost there!