Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Personal Training, Session 6

Calories eaten yesterday: 1186
Fat: 37g (29%)
Carbs: 97g (34%)
Protein: 99g (35%)

Weight this morning: 137.8 (One week ago: 138.4)
Calories burned in exercise today: 262

A new low for a Tuesday. Very good. :)

Settle in with some NutriSystem hot cocoa. This will be a big longer than I'd like.

Had session 6 of my personal training. One more left. I was supposed to get only 5 sessions, but the first day he couldn't find the paperwork so gave it to me free, and he was late once and said that session would be free.

Today we did ab stuff first - transfer exercise ball between feet and arms while lying on back, raising arms above head and legs a little above the floor; V-sits while moving your arms between your thighs; bicycle kicks with hands behind head and move right elbow toward left knee then left elbow toward right knee.

Then shoulder exercises - plank and then lift right arm straight ahead, then left arm, then stand up and do various moves - flapping arms, bend elbows and raise arms in front (as if placing something on a shelf), press arms above head, etc. Definitely something I need as my back and shoulders need a lot of work. He says I have muscles back there, but I don't see them.

He also had me do the push-ups where you come up and roll to the right and raise your arm straight up, then center and push-up, then to the left and raise your arm straight up. Then push-ups on an exercise ball. Beginner: place ball in corner, use larger ball. Intermediate: place ball against wall, use smaller ball. Advanced: place ball in center of floor, use even smaller ball. He started me with a medium-sized ball against the wall, then had me do just one rep with the ball in the middle of the floor. He says this is also good with the weight-assisted chin-up machine - do just one rep of what I can handle.

I did hit the weight-assisted machine and set it at 60 lbs. In the past I have only been able to do one rep at this weight, but today I did two. I will have to try 50 lbs. next time (the lower the weight, the harder the exercise).

Ok, on two other things.

Abby got away again last night when I took out the recycling. I thought that would be the last I'd see of her for a few days and settled down in front of the TV with my bedtime snack. It wasn't long before I heard a commotion outside - cats fighting. I ran out and saw Abby halfway up the back staircase having sparred with another cat on the ground, probably over territory. I ran down the walkway and down the stairs and coaxed Abby back up to the top floor and down the walkway to my apartment. I think she was glad to be home after the fight.

My shoe charms came yesterday and I put them on my favorite pair of shoes (photo). It's for an online walking group I joined and you get one charm for every million steps you walk. I already have three million steps, so I was sent three charms.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: