Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Week 16, Day 3

Calories eaten yesterday: 1202
Fat: 30g (24%)
Carbs: 111g (39%)
Protein: 101g (35%)

Weight this morning: 135.8 (One week ago: 137.2)
Calories burned in exercise today: 261

A new low for a Tuesday and the earliest in the week I've gotten at or below goal! :) Yay me! The last two weeks I was at or below goal for four days; with luck I may stretch that to five days this week. :) And hopefully a whole seven days under 140.

Temptations abound at work. Yesterday Lynn brought in a tray of brownies for Lisa's birthday. She took yesterday off so the pan is still sitting around. I placed it on Don's desk in the back of the KEAR office so it's out of sight. Today Thad's friend baked chocolate chip cookies for Lynn's birthday so I was forced to stare at the plate while someone said a prayer and then everybody started munching. I came back to my office. Bleh and *sigh.*

Made it to the gym today. I ran into my trainer and he bugged me about eating more, but I am losing so he conceded that you don't need to mess with success. He said he worries about me because I exercise so much, but I don't think I'm overdoing it. Close to that maybe, but not quite there.

Tomorrow I'm buying groceries even though I'm broke. A girl's gotta eat. I think I will get some spinach as I am giving blood this Friday and will need the extra iron. Thursday is my weigh and measure appointment at the gym. Here's to hoping the news is good!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Amy Dungan said...

You are doing so great Victoria! I'm so happy for you!

Arthur_of_Old said...

Never seen her fail at this. Dedicated not to the diet alone, but to success. If you don't choose to succeed at it, is sure you will not. Many choose a diet, but not to success. The first bump in the diet and they are done! I've watched her through the ups and downs of this diet. She has continued even when it seemed nothing was going right. That's what it takes! Victoria's commitment is what has made it work!! That is what makes any goal attainable.

As I look out at people I think they choose to diet for others concern, not from any concern of their own. Thus, they quit and say they tried. But, they simply wanted to fail or were not truly trying to get in to a healthy life style. No commitment!

She is an inspiration, but then people find it takes more than that, it takes THEIR commitment to really start caring for themselves. Good job Victoria!
Everything good starts with a challenge and the possibility you are not up to that challenge. Victoria has conquered that challenge again and again!! =-)

Sadly, many have found they can't.

People like Victoria are rare.

PJ said...

I hope someday, someone has to worry about ME exercising too much! It seems impossible, but who knows. One day at a time. I really admire how you keep with all of it so consistently.