Thursday, June 28, 2007

Weight Training Non-Scale Victory

Calories eaten yesterday: 1315
Fat: 42g (30%)
Carbs: 101g (32%)
Protein: 109g (35%)

Weight this morning: 134.6 (One week ago: 134.2)
Calories burned in exercise today: 260

Worked out today and got a compliment from a woman in the locker room. I was putting my gloves away after my weight training and getting out my towel and she was using the locker next to mine. She said she had been watching me and that I was looking "muscular"! I've never been called muscular before! She asked me if I was getting personal training or what, and I said that 1) I'm on a low-calorie diet, and 2) yes, I signed up for the $99 personal training special they are running right now. I gave her the name of the trainer I had and said he was really good.

At any rate, this is called an "NSV" (non-scale victory) and I am pleased as punch. :)

Not much else to report. Below you will find a couple NutriSystem food reviews, and expect a couple more next week.

Weekend plans:
Brad and I hope to hike up to the West Ridge Trail tomorrow, but take a slightly different way up and back to explore more trails. Then we will make low-carb mojitos and watch the Fearfully and Wonderfully Made DVD I have.

Saturday I have no ride to church so I will have to get up around 6 a.m. to get ready, and Doug and Jane will pick me up at El Cerrito Del Norte BART station. Brad and I plan to have eggplant lasagna for dinner once I get home.

More NutriSystem food reviews:
Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Cheese lunch - This was sent to me accidentally in my last order. It's a carb nightmare at about 25g net carbs. It tasted okay. Not great, but okay.

Nacho Crisps snack - I liked these. They are not Doritos by any means, but for only 4g net carbs and 12g protein, I'll eat them every day! They are the lowest carb dessert/snack that NutriSystem offers, so I ordered a ton.

Ok, I'll be back Sunday with my official weigh-in numbers!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , ,

No comments: