Wednesday, June 11, 2008

More on moving

Calories burned in exercise today: 110

After yesterday I didn't weigh myself this morning. I probably ate at least three days' worth of food yesterday, so I'm not very hungry today. I skipped breakfast and am just trying to drink a lot.

The latest news on looking for apartments is I am now looking at a place I looked at before. They had two apartments available. A cheap one that was old and a more expensive one that has been totally redone. The cheap one has been taken, but the refurbished one is still open. It's $725 a month, and I would have to pay my own water and PG&E. The owner only covers garbage. I was told he raises the rents "occasionally."

I don't have the application they gave me anymore, but I do have a generic one all made out and they said they would take that. I photocopied it and Brad is dropping it off at another apartment building where the owner can pick it up. The liaison told me that the owner knows that I want the apartment. They pay the screening fee so now I just wait and hope no one else is ahead of me for it.

This apartment is small for the price (probably why they are having trouble filling it), but if I can live there longer then it will be worth it.

Since the Craig's List link will eventually disappear, here the description with photos:

Charming studio in convenient location.
Close to Farmer Joe’s market and 580 freeway.
Full of old world charm with lots of wood molding and original hardwood floors.
Large closet in living room.
Separate kitchen and bath with solid surface countertops.
Small single story 6 unit complex so you will not have anyone above you and few steps to entry.
Low deposit and we pay screening fees.





Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,, , ,

2 comments:

Arthur_of_Old said...

I am praying for the best. Even if you don't get this one, you will get the right one. I am praying for you to have your place close to work with excellent transportation and no fears.=-) I pray also you read and follow without distraction. =-D
Peace to you and your house.

Lisa Sovulewski said...

Dude, that apartment near Fruitvale is totally two blocks away from my old elementary school, which is on Pleasant and Champion. Hahaha! Awesomeness. Hope you get it so I can drive past St. Jarlath every time I drop you off at home. :-)