Thursday, June 26, 2008

More on moving

Calories eaten yesterday: 1393
Fat: 30g (19%)
Carbs: 100g (28%)
Protein: 176g (50%)
Weight this morning: 128.4 (One week ago: 128.2)
Calories burned in exercise today: 95

moving messDid the laundry last night and some packing. Slept in today and did more packing. Tomorrow Brad and I will take more stuff to the new apartment and do some unpacking. We will probably just do a short walk so we have more time to move and unpack. We may also take Xena and the fish to the new apartment and lock Xena in the bathroom with food, water, and a litter box. Since Abby has to be moved in the big cage, she can't go until Monday.

I finally got confirmation today from Teen Challenge that they will provide two men to help me move Monday, but we have to pick them up and drop them off. We get them at 11:30 a.m. Teen Challenge is a faith based program to get people off drugs, so the money goes to a good cause. :)

Brad did more cleaning yesterday and says he'll knock off anything remaining on Friday, but we'll see. Doug is supposed to come over after church on Saturday to take down the satellite dish, so there won't be time to do anything else that day.

I'm skipping the gym Sunday morning to do more moving and unpacking. While I have Monday and Tuesday off for the move, I do have to work my regular shift on Sunday.

I cashed in most of the money my employer takes from my paychecks (just $200) so I will be sure to have money to rent the U-Haul and pay Teen Challenge for the moving guys. We'll run by the bank tomorrow to deposit it.

I'll be posting my weigh-in on Sunday and then be gone the two days after. I'll be back on Wednesday with a full update on how things went. Ain't moving fun?

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,, , ,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have my sympathy on moving, especially with Zena and Abby. Moving pets is hard on everyone - cats and cat parents alike. I don't ever want to move again. Hope everything goes smooth. I'll pray for you.

Anonymous said...

Moving is always a nasty thing, but it is worth the several weeks of hard working to have fun the many month after that.