Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Apartment approved!

Calories eaten yesterday: 1215
Fat: 23g (17%)
Carbs: 97g (32%)
Protein: 146g (49%)
Weight this morning: 132.2 (One week ago: 132)
Calories burned in exercise today: 91

Never did get lunch yesterday - too busy with work and personal stuff, so my calories were on the low side for a workout day. I sure am hungry today, though!

My only exercise today was walking to work from BART as I had to run errands in San Francisco this morning.

Got a call from Colleen this morning that all my stuff checks out and the apartment is mine if I want it! This is very good. :) On Brad's advice I asked her to have the owner call me at his convenience. I want to talk with him about the rent issue. I hope I find the right words to say. Lord, give me favor in his eyes and the right words to say!

If all goes well I am due to sign the papers, give them $1450. The owner will be out of town so I am meeting with a woman named Gloria.

I talked to Helena (the owner of where I live now) yesterday to set up the carpet cleaners, tell her the day I'm moving, and reiterate to them that I want my entire $895 deposit back. The manager of where I live, Rene, said they will rip me off for all they can get if I don't stand up to them. He said they don't want to go to court, so tell them that if I don't get my money back I'm taking legal action.

They also under the misguided notion that after I've lived there five years, the apartment will be ready to rent right after I move out. After five years of wear and tear...um, no.

I can't wait for this whole thing to be over and be in my new apartment so that I can focus on the truly important things in life.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,, , ,

1 comment:

Amy Dungan said...

Congrats Victoria! Praying the transition goes smooth and you get every dime back you are owed!