Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Voting, blocking, moving

Calories eaten yesterday: 1357
Fat: 23g (16%)
Carbs: 118g (35%)
Protein: 163g (49%)
Weight this morning: 132.4 (One week ago: 132.4)
Calories burned in exercise today: 102

Today was voting day here in California. We had a couple state propositions to decide on, plus local measures, and local elections. I got up, voted, then caught the bus to BART to go into the City. I checked my mail and closed my savings account (the bank was too far away and too far out). I only had about $69 in the account anyway. My exercise was walking to work from where I get off BART. I stopped at WalMart and spent most of the money I'd just got from savings. I mostly bought food items, but I did get a shower curtain since my current one is pretty much ready for the trash and I want to leave a new one behind me when I move so the owners don't charge me for that). I checked the price of venetian blinds and they look cheap enough. I have to replace at least two that the cats ruined.

Tub3dYou blocked me on YouTube. He was very mean to me during a discussion. One person was nice and I thanked that person for nicely setting me straight. Tub3d said, "Get bent, troll." LOL! He knew he wasn't being nice and that someone else had. He couldn't stand that he was wrong so he blocked me so he doesn't have to think about it. The psychology of it all is fascinating - the kind of things angry people do to protect their egos. I truly pity him. That kind of anger is not healthy.

I only hope that others will see his true nature and unsubscribe from him because that amount of anger means a person is VERY unsafe. At least NotSoOldHippy stood up for me. I left a comment on his channel and thanked him.

You know, when I first came to the NutriSystem board I had several people accuse me of being a troll. It seems calling someone a "troll" is the fallback when you can't say anything intelligent. Now I am a well-loved member of the NS community and the people who accused me? Gone.

Ok, enough about that insane person. I have enough insane people to deal with in real life, lol!

On the apartment front, not a lot of luck. The market isn't like it was the last time I had to do this. I know I will have to settle for a place a fraction of the size of where I live now, and that's okay. I'm going through my closet box by box and sorting things - some things I am keeping, but a great deal is being either thrown out or given to Goodwill. I currently have two more Goodwill boxes ready to go. I told Brad we need to get them out because one is making it hard to walk down the hallway.

I am getting rid of so much, but it feels good to lighten the load and simplify. It's kind of fun to throw out/give away so much and just get rid of it! I have so many things in my walk-in closet that I never use! I'm doing one or two boxes per night, as time permits.

The unit in the "theater apartments" may be filled. I told the guy that if the other person doesn't take it I am interested. I also have two or three more places lined up to see on Friday.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,, , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Victoria, I have enjoyed your posts for about two or three years now.

I have all but abandoned low carbing and now just watch my calories and eat a lot of protein. After years of trial and error I've found the only way to control my weight is to lower the calories. But honestly, I couldn't go as low as you; I'd starve!

I follow the eucalorics method of calorie control which allows a healthy amount of calories. I discovered this through the wonderful book Calorie Queens. Well, glad you're being successful at keeping your weight down.

Good blog!