Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Week 67, Day 3

Calories eaten yesterday: 1224
Fat: 19g (14%)
Carbs: 103g (34%)
Protein: 150g (49%)
Weight this morning: 133 (One week ago: 132.2)
Calories burned in exercise today: 511

Crap. My weight is up today. For now I'll blame the hot dogs. I had the fat free turkey dogs for lunch, dinner, and snack and they are high in sodium.

Finally got back to the gym. That felt good. I did an hour of upper body work using the 8x8 system Joe told me to try - 8 sets of 8 reps. I had to go pretty light to complete all the sets and reps and got very few exercises done because each one takes so long when you are doing a total of 64 reps of everything.

For cardio I ran on the treadmill. It felt so good to get back to running again. :) I started out at 5.2, but I felt good and strong and topped out at 6.7 mph, though I couldn't maintain it for very long. In the end I did 35 minutes and covered 3.55 miles, so my average was about 6 mph. FitDay says I burned 290 calories from the run alone, but I doubt it was nearly that much.

The gym had Muscle Milk Light on sale, so I bought a canister, plus one each of the 24 Hour hand towel and bath towel.

I had my protein and carb snack and walked to work from BART. I bought some groceries to go to the new house. I want some food there so I have food to eat right when I move in. I had Brad take the Muscle Milk, towels, and groceries to the new apartment.

I had an NSV at the gym today. I was laying down on a bench doing tricep extensions and the guy who calls me "Slimmy" came over. I stopped my exercise and lowered the dumbbells. He said no, to put them back up, so I did. So now I'm laying there with my arms up in the air, holding the dumbbells. Then he said something like, "Girlfriend, look at that. Your tummy is flat. I'm impressed," and lightly patted my tummy. I just smiled and he walked away. That felt really good.

My move is next Monday/Tuesday. I am taking the day off work and will not have Internet access so I won't be posting. I do have to work Sunday and will check in then, and then back again on Wednesday. Hopefully by then my phone will be turned on at the new house so I can hook my modem up.

I'm planning a cheat day on Monday. Tuesday I hope to be totally on plan, but no promises. It's going to be a stressful, long couple of days. I'm stocking up on healthy, easy food at the new house - 100% Whole Wheat Light bread, Special K Protein Plus cereal, low-carb chocolate soy milk, sugar-free peanut butter and Walden Farms jelly, cottage cheese, turkey pepperoni, fat free cheese, and South Beach meal bars. I'll have everything I need to eat healthy, even though my calories will be high.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,, , ,

No comments: