Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Working it!

Calories eaten yesterday: 1274
Fat: 32g (22%)
Carbs: 106g (32%)
Protein: 153g (46%)
Weight this morning: 132 (One week ago: n/a)
Calories burned in exercise today: 319

Finally my first "normal" week at the gym in God only knows how long! I got three workouts in this week, which is what I shoot for. Ah...normalcy. Excitement is overrated.

I'm still megasore from Monday's leg workout so I decided not to run today. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical instead. Did one hour of arms, shoulders, and back work today, plus I threw in calves for good measure. :) I'm doing 8x8 - 8 sets of 8 reps each. I have to go a lot lighter on the weight to get out all 64 total reps. The 12 lb. hand weights seem to have permanently disappeared so for the bicep curl I alternated between the 10 and 15 lb. dumbbells. 10 lbs. is too light and 15 lbs. is too heavy to complete all the sets, so alternating seemed the best option. After my protein and carb snack I walked to work from BART.

I am more sore than usual this week but that's too be expected. Not only have I missed many gym sessions due to packing and moving, but I had zero leg workouts for three weeks except for a couple of spinning classes. It will take a while for my body to get back to where it was, much less where I want it, lol!

I thought about just doing cardio tomorrow, but I haven't been able to stop for groceries on the way to work all week - just too much too carry. I live within walking distance of Safeway now so I think I'll take my rollie cart and walk there, buy groceries, and walk back. That will get me some exercise and get the necessities bought. Then I'll do the 30 minute walk from BART of course.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,, , ,

No comments: