Thursday, July 10, 2008

Week 69, Day 5

Calories eaten yesterday: 1381
Fat: 31g (20%)
Carbs: 107g (31%)
Protein: 173g (49%)
Weight this morning: 130.2 (One week ago: n/a)
Calories burned in exercise today: 114

Today I bought groceries. I am now within walking distance of the Safeway I used to shop at, so I walked up there with my rollie cart. I needed to use my Discover card since I get some kind of bonus if I charge $100 to the card before the end of August. I figured a big grocery trip would be the perfect opportunity (plus I have no money for groceries in my checking account), so I used the card for the first time today. The bill came to about $113 and the card is now in an envelope on my tackboard since I can get in trouble if I carry it with me.

I found a good price on chicken breast (the older packages were 50% off), eggs, and cottage cheese. I bought unsweetened chocolate almond milk since I'm supposed to avoid soy. I used sugar-free chocolate DaVinci syrup to sweeten it and it tastes okay. Not awesome, but totally drinkable. It's much lower in protein than the soy milk, but it's also lower in calories. I also got bananas, 100 calorie bags of popcorn, celery and baby carrots to munch at the movie tomorrow, bread, tea, salad, veggies - just lots of necessities. Tava and diet Lipton (the 16.9 oz. bottles in a case) were on sale, so I got those. I walked back home with my cart very heavy. Walker Tracker says it's about 1.2 miles round trip.

I walked from the BART station to work for more exercise. Tomorrow is laundry and I plan to walk to the laundromat and back (it's about 15 minutes each way). Then Brad and I will go for a walk before the movie so I should get lots of steps.

I have been extremely hungry today. I had breakfast after getting back from the store (a large wheat gluten pancake with sugar-free syrup and a 1/2 cup cottage cheese). I was still so hungry that I had a big (though basic) salad - 12 oz. of Iceberg Garden salad with Walden Farms dressing.

I did a video tour of my new apartment today. I'll get it uploaded to YouTube hopefully on Sunday. The tour of my old apartment (done by Brad), can be viewed here.

Speaking of which, the Home Sweet Apartment plaque I ordered came in the mail today.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,, , ,

No comments: