Thursday, January 08, 2009

Last day of overtime

Calories eaten yesterday: 1138
Fat: 19g (15%)
Carbs: 115g (41%)
Protein: 122g (44%)
Weight this morning: 131.6
Calories burned in exercise today: 167

There will be no post from me on Sunday because it's my birthday and I'm taking the day off. I will post my Sunday weigh-in on Monday.

My weight is up again today even though I have been eating less than 1200 calories all week. *sigh* My metabolism still sucks. I am forever doomed to stay at my current weight no matter how little I eat.

Today's exercise was the same as the rest of the week - walk to BART, then from my stop to work. It's all I can manage with these 12 hour workdays.

Tomorrow I have to somehow squeeze in a decent night's sleep, laundry, and some basic grocery shopping, along with my chiropractic appointment at 4 pm. To get there I have to leave the house about 2:45 so I have no idea how I will squeeze in the laundry. I likely won't get to bed until 4:30 or 5 a.m. tomorrow so to get laundry done will mean little sleep. Bleh. But I do need the money. The cats are down to their last bag of dry food and the healthy food I feed them is expensive.

I have a couple posts cued up to post this weekend - a book review and a review of the highlights of 2008. Other than that I will see you back Monday with my Sunday weigh-in and how my b-day went. See ya' soon!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

pendell said...

"*sigh* My metabolism still sucks. I am forever doomed to stay at my current weight no matter how little I eat."

It may be those two things are directly correlated. You eat little, therefore your metabolism is down.

The trick, then, is to find some thing to eat that will get your metabolism up -- make your digestive system work -- but not give you that many additional calories. Water, perhaps? Or high fiber foods?

I know that my I lose more weight, even though I'm eating more, precisely because of that. I find I lose more weight if I eat 400-600 calories in the morning and 1800-2000 for the day than when I was eating 100-200 in the morning and 1300-1500 for the entire day. In the first, I lose weight quickly. In the second, my weight is static.

Respectfully,

Brian P.